The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can buy low nitrogen fertilizer in south central pa (preferably Harrisburg area) for my clover plot.

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
may I suggest rohrer seeds between Lancaster and Smoketown off route 340, it might be a slight drive for you ,but that is the only other place than an Agway.

·
Registered
4,203 Posts
It also might be cheaper to get a fertilizer ratio with N....based on economies of scale, popularity, and availability. The clover does not need the extra N, but if it's just as cheap and easy to apply fertilizer with N, it might be worth looking at.

·
Registered
2,452 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
They had potash there (0-0-62) and said they could order potassium. So I could go that route and just mix it myself.

·
Registered
6,051 Posts
We get 3-14-42 from Shearers off 173 near Cochranton for those in the NW part of the state. $11 per 50 lb bag.

If planting clover, you want as little nitrogen in the fertilizer as possible since clover produces it's own and putting nitrogen into the ground will help grass and weeds grow.

·
Registered
303 Posts
They had potash there (0-0-62) and said they could order potassium. So I could go that route and just mix it myself.
You don't even have to mix it. Just spread them individually. :p

Be prepared for sticker shock, vs a bag of 0-20-20. Remember that you're getting 3X the amount of potash in one bag of 0-0-62. Do the math to see if it works out. A soil test will probably tell you how much of each you might need, if any.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts