The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Was just checking places for 35 ammo and no one has it,glad I still have a few boxes plus other rifles as I would be really worried if that was the only rifle that I had to hunt with and was low on ammo,sure hope it becomes available for some guys before to long.Good hunting

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
With all the hoarding going on since Sandy Hook and the big Gov't ammo orders, the ammo companies have just been producing the most popular calibers until they can catch up with demand. .35 anything just isn't a priority. Same with 6.5's.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
It's out there, but hard to find. Cabela's had some of the Hornady LeverEvolution, but before that I was buying brass off GunBroker for $1 each.

·
Registered
1,866 Posts
Trigger said it best...HOARDING and more HOARDING, I don't think it has enough of a following these days to say that many hunters are looking for them so what else could you blame it on, HOARDING, guess you'll have to join em' or start reloading all your old brass, maybe the best thing you could do.

·
Registered
103 Posts
My understanding is they make batches of this kinda ammo on what they think demand will be and that's it. Apparently this years demand far exceeded supply. I ve got 2 boxes so I'm good for this season. I love my 35 remmy pump that my dad passed down to me!

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Little_Lehigh said:
My understanding is they make batches of this kinda ammo on what they think demand will be and that's it. Apparently this years demand far exceeded supply. I ve got 2 boxes so I'm good for this season. I love my 35 remmy pump that my dad passed down to me!
On normal years that would be true. There have been no seasonal runs for two years.

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Someone on another site posted a link, FROM REMINGTON, that they were no longer going to support the 35. Thought it was just the guys spouting, but it was a release from Remington. That's when I panic'd and grabbed what I could.

·
Registered
2,709 Posts
Although I don't own a .35 Rem it is a great caliber!!! I do own a .350 Rem Mag and that ammo is very scarace. Better chances of seeing a Yeti than finding .350 shells on the shelf!!!
The .35 Rem is still on my short list!!
Dave

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
If you are going to shoot a old classic you need to buy at least 10 boxes of ammo for it. Then when you get down to three boxes it's time to start looking again.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
That's what its come to on these oddball cartridges. You'd never know the .35 Remington once trailed only the 30/30 in popularity here in PA.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Although not as popular as it used to be, I wouldn't call the 35 Rem an oddball cartridge. There's still many, many hunters that have one in their arsenal. Myself included. One more reason to get into handloading.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
They aren't making new ones anymore. Therefore it officially qualifies as obsolete.

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
They would be all gunmakers. Marlin dropped it too.

·
Registered
11,103 Posts
6-DASHER said:
Trigger said it best...HOARDING and more HOARDING,
That is our biggest problem. A guy on another site I watch bragged that he was able to purchase 4 8lb jugs of Green Dot at one shop and two 8lb jugs at another and then complained that neither shop had Red Dot. He just purchased enough Green Dot to last 3 life times and was complaining. Hoarding is the problem.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
I saw a brand new Marlin yesterday, and they still list it on their website. I heard they were dropping it, but I don't know that it's happened yet.
Obsolete, I don't think .... Less popular, yes ....IMO

1 - 20 of 57 Posts