The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where did all the geese go? There’s one or two groups around camped out in parks and school grounds, but it seems most have moved out of my area?

·
Registered
304 Posts
I did hear a lot flying south around 2 am just the other night. Maybe you are just north of me. I was surprised because there isn't any weather right now...

·
Registered
261 Posts
Last Friday there were geese flying just about every where i went so I went out last Saturday and never heard a goose. It definitely wasn't because of any weather fronts since the weather has been the same for the last ten days.

·
Registered
19 Posts
same here where I’m hunting they went nocturnal. Watched about 500 birds at local lake and they sat around all day. With the type of weather we are having food is everywhere. All they have to do is bend over and feed. Find the open water and you will find the birds. Had 3 flocks swim up to the decoys this morning and walk around the decoys and walk back into the water. I didn’t shoot any. if they don’t fly I don’t shoot. Even had a snow swim up to the decoys. First one I’ve seen in about 5 years. It got a pass also.

where there is open water on the lake there are birds in the open spots. The river that comes out of the dam is loaded with birds.

·
Super Moderator
13,217 Posts
Heard a flock come into the lake this evening after shooting hours....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts