The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question for the coyote hunters:

I have been out coyote hunting a few times. I mostly exclusively use coyote vocalizations. However, I have used distress sounds enough and I have not seen a fox in the last six weeks. Did the trappers and I wipe them out? Have the coyotes eaten them for a late winter snack? Or.... are there other coyote hunters who notice the same thing or do you guys still have fox coming in to your distress calls after the season?

Just curious...

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Well the foxes are scared to death of the yotes...so maybe their staying out of that area...specialy the way yotes are very protective over their areas...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I have not seen the anything well I have not seen nothing in the last month don't know where everything went . am new at this and only been calling for a little over 4 months when I stated I seen something all most ever calling spot now nothing. don't know whats going on !!! call shy maybe? and I hunt 2 times a week most weeks .

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Well they could have been pressured and moved on...how much did you hunt them and is there anyone else hunting the same area? twice a week in my book is too much...their learning your calls...move to another spot and go back in a few weeks...

·
Registered
177 Posts
I try not to hunt same place more then once every couple weeks . don't know how much other pressure is out there . I hunt around middeltown and in all directions as far as Gettysburg new port mount gertnia lick dale so I go all over and have never seen a nother person .I know other people hunt them around here . found a lot of cops driving around in the middle of the night even had one come to my call . stomped right out in the field to see what the red light was about.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I haven't seen a fox since the night before the last day of the season. I've been out quite a few times and exclusively use distress calls.

Funny, I've seen a lot of deer and turkey though.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Most fox are getting ready to den and have there pups this time of year and if you are useing coyote vocals before distress sounds that will keep fox from responding also

1 - 9 of 9 Posts