The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
Don't see how those would be any better than a regular zip lock bag. How much meat have you seen destroyed by sunlight? Air is the culprit. Seal any bag air tight and your better off. If you have to, get one of those sealers that draws the air out of the bag and seals it.

·
Registered
20,015 Posts
I use a seal-a-meal and have never had a problem with air getting to the meat or fish.
Last season we had a deer done by a processor and he used the plastic bags like you showed from Cabelas and they didn't keep the meat any better. We had them make sausage and salami.
Unless your looking to buy thousands I don't think a suppier will be able to give you them as cheap as Cabelas.
Good Luck

·
Registered
533 Posts
not sure if you have one around that area but if you have a trader horn i would look there. theres one around here and they have a good selection of that stuff in with the sporting good section.

·
Administrator
29,076 Posts
spunky said:
Don't see how those would be any better than a regular zip lock bag. How much meat have you seen destroyed by sunlight? Air is the culprit. Seal any bag air tight and your better off. If you have to, get one of those sealers that draws the air out of the bag and seals it.
Good points Spunky! The only difference when I do mine is that I use a piece of aquarium airline tubing to suck the air out of the bags as I seal them.
Another benefit to the ziplock bags is that they can be stacked flat in the freezer.

·
Registered
3,364 Posts
deerhunter87 said:
not sure if you have one around that area but if you have a trader horn i would look there. theres one around here and they have a good selection of that stuff in with the sporting good section.
That rack in trader horn is a display from Con Yeager. just sayin

1 - 9 of 9 Posts