The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a shop to get a good flint in westmoreland county, greensburg area. thanks for any info.

·
Registered
8,124 Posts
there was a shop in greensburgh that use to sell alot of stuff for smoke poles cant remember the name of the shop

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
A fellow out in St. Louis, Missouri sells the finest flints I have had the pleasure of using. His name is Rich Pierce and here's his information:
Made from local white to gray rock, these are rough, tough, and sparky.
1/2" wide x 5/8" long are $8 per dozen
5/8" wide x 3/4" long are $10 per dozen
3/4" wide x 7/8" long are $12 per dozen
7/8" wide x 1" long are $12 per dozen
1" wide x 1 1/8" long are $15 per dozen
1 1/8" wide x 1 1/4" long are $15 per dozen
Shipping & handling is generally $1 per dozen, more for larger sizes.
He'll need your name and address in an email with "flints" in the subject line, and he'll send you the flints for your inspection with an invoice. If they work for you, you can pay by check. If they aren't what you need, just return them to Rich, no questions asked. You can email him directly at: [email protected]

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
I use to purchase some flint from Rich when he first started out but after a while he started to get picky,I ask him for a few doz 3/4x7/8" and would like or need flat tops.
I was shocked he reply was he did not have the time to go threw the flint for flat tops.
Man I was Shocked with his statement
I buy all my flints from track of the wolf and yes i ask for flat tops black english flint excellent company to deal with and they don't slam you on shipping charges.

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
Cains Outdoors WVA---in person or on line

·
Registered
12,715 Posts
Bunky said:
Cains Outdoors WVA---in person or on line
That is where I buy 90% of my stuff and have for about 20 years now!! Do you remember when they use to be called Mountain State Muzzleloading? I still wish they put out a magazine though, I use to love to go thru that, practically everyday

·
Registered
4,327 Posts
I think some years back Flintlock suggested Cains to me---ever since they have been 100% great to deal with!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts