The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
  • Hey Guest, it looks like you haven't made your first post yet. Until you make an introduction thread, the rest of the site is locked to posting. Why not take a few minutes to say hi!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

· Registered
2,074 Posts
A fellow out in St. Louis, Missouri sells the finest flints I have had the pleasure of using. His name is Rich Pierce and here's his information:
Made from local white to gray rock, these are rough, tough, and sparky.
1/2" wide x 5/8" long are $8 per dozen
5/8" wide x 3/4" long are $10 per dozen
3/4" wide x 7/8" long are $12 per dozen
7/8" wide x 1" long are $12 per dozen
1" wide x 1 1/8" long are $15 per dozen
1 1/8" wide x 1 1/4" long are $15 per dozen
Shipping & handling is generally $1 per dozen, more for larger sizes.
He'll need your name and address in an email with "flints" in the subject line, and he'll send you the flints for your inspection with an invoice. If they work for you, you can pay by check. If they aren't what you need, just return them to Rich, no questions asked. You can email him directly at: [email protected]

· Registered
433 Posts
I use to purchase some flint from Rich when he first started out but after a while he started to get picky,I ask him for a few doz 3/4x7/8" and would like or need flat tops.
I was shocked he reply was he did not have the time to go threw the flint for flat tops.
Man I was Shocked with his statement
I buy all my flints from track of the wolf and yes i ask for flat tops black english flint excellent company to deal with and they don't slam you on shipping charges.

· Registered
6,526 Posts
Bunky said:
Cains Outdoors WVA---in person or on line
That is where I buy 90% of my stuff and have for about 20 years now!! Do you remember when they use to be called Mountain State Muzzleloading? I still wish they put out a magazine though, I use to love to go thru that, practically everyday

· Registered
1,267 Posts
I think some years back Flintlock suggested Cains to me---ever since they have been 100% great to deal with!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.