The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to try that Blackhorn 209 powder and looked online but to get it shipped with the Hazmat charges is way too expensive. Does anyone know any shops selling it in the Armstrong, Butler, Westmoreland, and Allegheny County area?

·
Registered
3,386 Posts
I want to try that Blackhorn 209 powder and looked online but to get it shipped with the Hazmat charges is way too expensive. Does anyone know any shops selling it in the Armstrong, Butler, Westmoreland, and Allegheny County area?
Wal Mart had it marked down to $19. in Indiana,gone now.
Morris Muzzleloader shop in Grove City

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
VS expensive online assuming nonbulk buying.... I've found that the best places for small amounts is at small gun shops that carry ML supplies. If they don't have in stock normally can get from their wholesaler.

·
Registered
1,576 Posts
I would try Sportsmans Supply in Butler along Route 356.

Reactions: cooncrazy

·
Registered
9,489 Posts
Yep W/Mart can have super buys this time of year.I bought a box of Trads RB,s for $5.A box of Pyrex 50/50 pellets for $8 or so.They had Inline Rifles for well under $100.That was a couple years ago and last year they wised up and didn,t order as much.Haven,t been heir recently though.

·
Registered
244 Posts
I know it would be a drive for you but call B and G sport and bait shop in Normalville. It's half way between the turnpike and ohiopyle. He always carries black powder (only one left in the area that I know of).

(724) 455-7282 Give him a call. It's a nice little shop. Even if he is closed ring the bell and someone almost always shows up since they live there as well.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
I ended up getting it at Gander Outdoors on Saturday. But the best thing was that they had Orca coolers on clearance. The 75 qt camo one was only $200. But I didn't end up paying that much. Because I'm a veteran it only cost $10 to join their Good Sam club which entitled me to a coupon for $70 off an order of $200 or more so I paid $10 ot get $70 off and netted $60 off. The cooler ended up costing me only $140 + tax. They still had a 75 qt in blue and a few smaller ones in both blue and camo.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Curt's Blackpowder Shop in Fenelton carries it. Located on Old Rt. 422 west of Kittanning 724-841-0511

1 - 15 of 15 Posts