The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i see a lot of 2G hunters..threads on potter county ect...But 2G isn't the only place to hunt the bigwoods...Curious how you other guy's that hunt the Bald Eagle SF in mifflin, snyder,union,centre county's did this year..We have been holding our own...tough hunting but we get a few.

·
Registered
455 Posts
Did not see a deer on Bald Eagle SF where I hunt on Shade Man. in Snyder County. See them off an on when driving to work when I pass this area but I haven't seen a while HUNTING it for 3 years so I did not hunt there much this year.

·
Registered
1,462 Posts
The guys at our camp in Centre county had a good archery season, My brother got a very nice 8pt and saw more deer than the last 5-6 years combined. I hunted the first day of bear and saw more deer than I have in years. 4 days hunting dark to dark in rifle season I saw NOTHING...Just enough guys to keep them worried.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am heading out to do some scouting here pretty directly. I want to cover some ground look for tracks before this new snow arrives. What baffles the heck out of me is a lot of areas on the bald eagle are under DMAP tags...I'm going to be hiking one of them shortly. just going to cover as much ground as i can before new snow arrives and covers up the old tracks... I'll let you know how i make out...

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
I hunt Bald Eagle SF in Northwestern Snyder County. I scouted and ran a couple cameras this summer. Thought I had found some good areas, judging by deer sign and several nice bucks on camera. During four days of archery hunting I didnt see a deer! I brought my girlfriend out one day in early muzzleloader and the first Saturday in rifle without any luck as well. Unfortunatly I dont have the patience to sit 4 days in the woods without seeing a deer and continue going out. I can go out hunting around home in 5B and see something nearly every sit, which is ashame because I would much rather prefer to hunt from camp.

·
Registered
1,645 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wish i could have gotten out sooner today.. I was however able to cover roughly 2 miles on the side of the mt. This was a area approved for DMAP tags...i had a hard time just locating any tracks in the snow, from the last two day's. I Finally had to quit with darkness approaching and the new snow covering up any tracks from the last day or two anyhow. I'm gonna give it a day or two and hit it again, and do some more scouting...But at this point i'm pretty baffled as to why this area is under a DMAP program.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts