The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
13,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First off let me say that I haven't seen a bear all year. But on the ride home from work this evening the thought just pops into my head that I'm going to see a bear. No reason, I hadn't thought about anything like that all day.

About ten miles down the road I see some vehicles pulled off and sure enough there's a nice bear standing in the field. First one I'd seen in a few years. Just a little weird about how I had this feeling that it was going to happen.

It also happened to me the year I got my first buck. Leading up to opening day I just knew I was going to get a buck. The same kind of feeling as today. The next morning a six point walks by and I have my first buck ever.

I'm not quite sure how to explain it but it's a little bit weird, scary, and cool all at the same time when this happens. I'm hoping for my own sanity that I'm not the only one that experiences this. LOL

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I guess I am the opposite. I think I will get a deer every time I go into the woods. (this is not overconfidence, but rather time scouting, hanging stands, practice, scent control . . . ) Fortunatly, the last 6 years I have killed some nice bucks. On some days, usually the days I tag out I have a feeling that it really will happen.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
Funny, I had the same type of premonition just last week. The wife and I took a ride at dusk lookin for some deer, we pulled onto an old dirt road and I told her we were due to see a coyote soon as it had been awhile since we'd seen one. Not 100 yards down the road she spotted movement in the woods and there stood a beautiful full grown yote!! We watched it for a few minutes before she turned to me and wondered aloud how I knew we were going to see it??

Unexplainable is the best way to explain it

·
Registered
730 Posts
This has happend to me a few times woke up in the morning and just knew I was going to get a buck and then I would get a buck its a crazy thing when it happens but cool at the same time

·
Registered
95 Posts
I have, a few times, knew that a grouse would flush for no logical reason. I'm not talking about the dog getting birdy, or being in a honey hole. I 've often wondered if I subconsciously hear, or smell them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts