The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
One of the main problems is the bad cement jobs being done around the well head, I think currently they only let them set for less than 24 hours when we know cement takes much longer to dry, esocially when it's several feet deep....a small fix that needs to be addressed and would eliminate some of the methane leaks such as they outside Wysox where I wouldn't light a match within a few hundred feet of a certain wellhead that's spewing methane like Old Faithful....

·
Registered
520 Posts
Good info. Clearly hits on the issues that need improvement, what the regulatory role should be, and debunks the whole frac fluid in the water table myth.

Processes can always be improved but some people seem to hope for paralysis through analysis. Just because sometimes bad things happen; it doesn’t make the entire process or industry inherently unsafe. Planes, trains, and automobiles all crash; but we don’t stop using them. We also don’t make ridiculously restrictive laws like 10 MPH speed limits on the interstate.

Clarify the problems and move on without over on understating the situation.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
CPT S./ANC said:
Good info. Clearly hits on the issues that need improvement, what the regulatory role should be, and debunks the whole frac fluid in the water table myth.

Processes can always be improved but some people seem to hope for paralysis through analysis. Just because sometimes bad things happen; it doesn’t make the entire process or industry inherently unsafe. Planes, trains, and automobiles all crash; but we don’t stop using them. We also don’t make ridiculously restrictive laws like 10 MPH speed limits on the interstate.

Clarify the problems and move on without over on understating the situation.

It doesn't debunk or prove anything. Those who stand to profit off this will come up with any kind of "science" they want in order to protect their cash cow.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
"But behind the scenes, I do know operators are doing this and not just a couple," he added. "They really want to understand this and they want to avoid future problems. And I think it's working."

weston, no comment from you about the barium in the well story ?

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
had a few bud lights in me when i posted that. was refering to the fact that in recent days you had made a some negative post about gas drilling,including the one i responded to. i actually thought i had deleted that post the next morning, but figured out later you cant edit a post and delete everything, need to leave something, as it is now if you look back at it.

i jumped the gun on that post, my bad......

i dont believe we agree on that issue, but my reply was out of line.............

enuff of the crickets...

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
No problem. I appreciate your explanation. I was wondering why I was being accused of anything other than just being disagreeable.

·
Registered
777 Posts
Sorry Buzz,
Been away you know how us deprived methane users of Bradford county Don't get out much of this sorry state of Pa.Nope no comment,but I have lost all hope in are politicians and expect no help from our PADEP.

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
i hope it wasnt over this incedent. if you recall, i had one of their neighbors tell me there was barium in the wells in that area for years. just because Ms Stroud decided it was gas company fault does not make it so.

it truely was a great story for the anti's to grab ahold of and sensationlize, before they knew the facts. "young mother and her son sickend etc..etc."

PADEP did investigate, apparently found the truth, along with chief oil & gas own investigation showing the same thing.

cant say i have a lot of faith in the politicians, or DEP always getting things right. i do believe in this case that their investigation shows what other locals have said from the begining.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts