The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
207 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering when do you guys rebait? This is my first time trapping and i set out some traps sunday afternoon. It is an are where i have seen many fox and coyote tracks. Nothing seems to be coming near my traps yet. I boiled traps,waxed them, handled with rubber gloves and wore hip boots. For bait i used Carmans Pros choice and Cravens "just mice" . some spots i spritzed some gray fox urine in a tree.

·
Registered
186 Posts
carmens pro choice is a liquid gland/urine mix if i'm right along with your cavens bait you should be good for at least a week. i wouldnt do anything else but wait have patience my friend lol. plus the critters have to run their territory some times it might take a week before you start seeing em come around again. if you dont see anything start to happen by sunday morning when you check maybe just move alil or alot as in 50 to 100 yards up or down further then where your at

·
Registered
738 Posts
in dry weather i only rebait/lure every 7 day's or if a catch is made i'll rebait if it's raining or snowing or extremly cold i'll rebait/lure every 4th day

1 - 3 of 3 Posts