The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
who else has sent thier application? went last year 2 years hopeing to go this year.also who has volinteered to go and help out.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
We can I get more information...

I would like to volunteer for this if the date is good...

I found info on the 2007 Hunt
but nothing when the 2009 is Scheduled...

Thanks!
Tom

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
as far as i remember it is on dec. 12th. the last saterday of the 2 week riffle season was on the app.

contact: tara wetzel at 814-658 6809 she can help answer any questions.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Hey Gun master...

Finally was able to get in touch with Tara... It is Saturday December 12th, 2009...

I will be there and I am trying to round up a few more people from CampingPA.com as well... There are already a few of us going...

If anyone from HuntingPA.com is able and willing to help out, what they are looking for is people to help put on drives for 30 hunters... Then there will be a hot lunch, and some more drives in the afternoon...

The area they are hunting is a closed area, so I would imagine there should be alot of holed up deer action there for them come the last Saturday!

I am really looking forward to it... Cannot wait!

Tom

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Anyone from HPA interested in donating their last Saturday of deer season to help a bunch of great people out?

We are looking for more volunteers...

Anyone interested, please PM me and I will get you some more details...

I am going to make a pledge this year to participate every year and put together a HuntingPA and CampingPA team of volunteers and help spread the spirit of the hunt to people who cannot get out and around the woods as well...

Looking forward to hearing from a few more volunteers ...

Tom

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
We will be meeting at the visitors center and gt organized from there according to Tara. We have six people tentatively from CampingPa.com. Will be a good time I am sure. Would you want a CampingPa.com sticker fo you car or truck? I can bring some with me... Keep in touch.
Tom

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
In that case I will bring a few along with me...

How big do you want it? and what clolor?

And - Good luck in the morning... Hope you get some shooting!

See ya then!
Tom

·
Registered
72 Posts
Hey, thanks for posting the information on this and other sites. I am on travel until thursday, but everything is coming together. We could also use some more drivers at the juniata College Field station site. We are meeting at 5:15 at the intersection of Route 26 and 994 near Entriken. Easy to find on a state map. If you guys get a chance, maybe post some information on the other forums to try to get the news out. Thanks.

Jeff Krause

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
leaving at 3:00AM should be there around 5:30 best of luck to all the hunters. thanks to the volenteers.see everybody at lunch.

·
Banned
4,988 Posts
I went to Raystown again for the 3rd year to help, had a blast. It does something to a fellow to see all these GREATFUL hunters hunt and some even taged a deer. They taged a nice 7 point and a number of does. This is such a good thing to be a part of. Thanks to Chris, he started something that is remarkable. Even though Chris couldn't be here today, he was in spirit. Chris was called to Iraq to help with the wildlife over there.

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
3rd year for me as well,had a blast as always. met up with some old friends and made some new ones. many thanks goes out to everyone for thier help to make another great day afield.

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
WE HAD A GREAT TIME TODAY !

Great to see you could finally connect on one Bill !

This was a really awesome day, Our group will be back again next year!

Bill, Susan (Photobug on CPA) will be posting a bunch of pictures of the day on CampingPA.com, be sure and check them out!

ALSO - WTAJ TV-10 out of Altoona was there today... They will have footage of the day and interviews on the 11 oclock news tonight! Be sure and click over at eleven and check it out!

Here is a link to the six oclock version... WTAJ TV 10 Six O Clock News Hunt Footage

AWESOME TIME FOR ALL ! GLAD TO BE A PART OF IT !

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
thanks for posting pics
glad you enjoyed youself. we as disabled hunters will always be greatful for a helping hand.

1 - 20 of 36 Posts