1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
2007 Chevy Avalanche.

·
Super Moderator
4,900 Posts
A 2004 Hyundai Accent. Odd hunting vehicle you say? I hunt and trap every day in the fall and winter, and rack up a bunch of mile. That car gets 32 mpg, only hold 3 quarts of oil, and tires are cheap. ( I just had 4 new 185-80-14 delivered to my door, $132 for four. I’d pay $250 for a single tire for my truck). I have ATVs to use once I get to my trapping and hunting areas. If the roads get too nasty, I will drive my 2012 Chevy 2500. But it has to be pretty bad, as that car runs like a raped ape in the snow.

I put a couple big tarps in the hatch compartment to hold back the blood and hair.

·
Super Moderator
12,660 Posts
I have a 1997 Jeep Cherokee for my hunting vehicle. Bought it new. It has 134,000 miles and most of them to and from hunting and fishing in and out of state. Slept in it several times Winter and Summer.

·
Registered
2,495 Posts
2010 standard cab F150 with a cap on the back. Cap topped with a canoe rack. 4WD with a posy traction rear end and towing package for my camper. My kids, both in their late 20ies call it an old guy truck. So be it. I have a good time.

Attachments

·
Registered
807 Posts
2017 Silverado.

Bigbrownie, I got you beat, well my buddy does. He purchased a vw beetle in the summer. Fast forward 1st day rifle season he pulls in parks beside the barn as my son & I were sitting in my truck. Him and his 2 boys gets out of the car. His 2 boys at 6' tall built like body builders like there Dad. We stood there in aww watching this taking place as they got out and pulling out there hunting pants, jackets, back packs from the trunk. I asked him, where you gonna put the deer if any of you get 1? Back seat with 1 of his boy's LOL. The deer would have to be laying on his lap or sit on the deer if thats the case. I thought i seen everything.

We were just talking about he not going to show up in the bug with his boys. Even though when he brought it to my place to show me what he bought in the summer. I did ask him what you going to drive coming deer season, this? Yup he replied. No way i said. Cheap on gas, tires cheap etc. etc. he went on. Yeah i knew for years he was tight with his $, but never thought he go that route.

·
Super Moderator
4,900 Posts
I had to run a trapline inside the Accent last winter. I carry an 8 pack of Lance wheat and cheddar crackers in the car for snacks when I’m trapping or hunting. One day while warming up on the trapline I noticed one of the pack was open, and there were crackers on the floor. When I turned on the heater, cracker crumbs started flying out the floor vent. I was parking the car in overgrown fields and mice must have found their way in. I caught 3 over the next 2 days.

I hammered a deer on I-80 with it last month. Was passing in the left lane when a big doe came over the guard rail. When it hit, it flew over the hood and roof and into a tractor trailer that was following me. It bucked the hood up, pushed the fender into the wheel, took out the ac radiator and left headlight assembly. I pulled over at the Renoldsville exit, hooked a come a long up to a guard rail post and pulled the fender away from the wheel. When I got home I took the hood off, jumped on the crease and straightened out the fender a little more. I had to buy a new light assembly. It was kind warm with no ac last month, went old school with the windows down.

My kids and wife make fun of me for driving this car. I said it has it’s benefits....no one will park anywhere near you and everyone stays clear of you on the road. Just topped 100,000 miles last week. Gonna buy a new Subaru this spring, but I’ll sure miss my old beater.

·
Registered
508 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i had used my daily which is a nissan altima but the wife wasnt really liking the idea of deer in the trunk. I have been trying to convince her to let me get a super duty when the altima is paid off. trying to sell her on the usefulness of having a truck for all the things we do.

·
Registered
4,466 Posts
04 Toyota Tundra, it's my everyday drive with only 110,000 mies on it. The nice thing about it, it has enough dings, dents and scrapes on it that I no longer care how rough, or how much brush is along the side of that old logging road. If that's where I want or need to go, I'm going.

·
Registered
1,642 Posts
2016 Chevy Silverado 1500 Midnight Edition. I love it, but trading it in mid-November for a 19'

·
Registered
2,454 Posts
2006 GMC Sierra Crew Cab. Only 80K miles. I bought it new and I still love it. My son is 17 so I rarely see it anymore. My cousin sells them so all the guys in the family have Sierra's. The rockers are rotting but I am replacing them this weekend. The prices on new trucks are obscene. I'm not cheap but there is no way I am paying what they want. I will be buying used for the next one.

·
Registered
9,144 Posts
2016 Ford F-150 Supercrew
2.7 V6
Almost 30,000 miles and still running the original tires.
The guy who did my inspection was pretty surprised the tires were still good.

·
Registered
4,191 Posts
2010 Chevy Silveraydo crew cab with about 110K miles.....and no that is not a typo (check out Amiri King's YouTube videos on the Chevy Silveraydos - a bit vulgar but hilarious).

I use it as a truck in every sense of the word - not babied with plenty of time in the woods, fields, mud, and snow with a number of dents and dings to show for it. It has towed the goose hunting trailer, trailers for of lumber, and trailers full of tractors and other food plot equipment.....bed has been full of various dead critters, stone, mulch, firewood, cabin supplies, lumber, potted trees and shrubs, hunting supplies, etc.

·
Super Moderator
4,900 Posts
Here's my 2017 F-150 4door 4x4 with 6.5' bed and factory loading ramps.

I need that in order to take "my legs" to go hunting. It's a highly modified EZ-GO electric cart. This is me and #1 & #2 grandsons last winter joy riding.
Steeltrap....I’ve never seen these ramps before. Is there a built in spot to stow them. I’ve haven’t seen telescoping ramps before either. Looks like they would be handy.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts