The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking for a new knife wondering what you guys carry. looking for a slim, fast action, and reasonable price since I just kicked my recent one in the lake

·
Registered
872 Posts
I like the crkt drifer. cheap so if i loose it Im not out a bunch of cash. the g10 model is light and I dont even know its there.

·
Registered
1,344 Posts
I got a small Gerber at the mart of wals. It's one handed and really slim. Doesn't hold an edge real good, but for the money I can sharpen it.

knife

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
same on the Gerber Paraframe mini. Small profile, clips into pocket and stays put. It def. doesn't hold a long term edge but I sharpen it once a month.

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
My two everyday carry knifes are for carry until they are lost.
I have a small three bladed Winchester knife from Walmart.
The other one was found by eagle eyes in the woods.

Sharpened them for over ten years with a trihone arkansas stones, I bought on sale for less than $10, some twenty years ago.

Hard to replace those knives. Hard to replace the sharpener.

·
Super Moderator
7,757 Posts
Peenoe Hunter said:
A Kershaw Black Blur almost indestructible!
I also carry a Blur. Make sure to get the S30V blade. I did. That steel holds it's edge like crazy. I struggled to sharpen it till I got some ceramic sticks. Those do the trick nicely. I love my Blur!

·
Registered
2,803 Posts
I looked for a while to find what I wanted. I went into any store I came across to look at what they had. I wanted an assisted open, slim and light and at least 3 inch blade. I found the CRKT Moxie. I've had it for a few months and love it. It has great steel and the open assist in awesome. I found it on sale foe $40, so look around.

http://www.crkt.com/Moxie-Folding-Pocket-Knife

·
Registered
3 Posts
I have a a Case peanut, Buck 110 and Leatherman Blast multitool that I carry most of the time. The Case and Leatherman get most of the use I work with a box full of hand tools all day long and the Leatherman gets a lot of use

1 - 20 of 42 Posts