The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Many of you are not included in this question, but to the ones who see this site as a place to rant, all of the time; why? I use three message boards regularly. The others are places where most of the posts are guys talking about their new gear, providing "how to" posts for new guys, and descussing technical issues. We do all of those things, too, but we mostly rant. Rant about HR, AR, the Eastern view of public hunting, the Western view of public hunting, shooting hens, skybusting, guys hunting in our spots, declaring your hunting implement the only way, how and whether to drive deer, what caliber is too small/big, high fence hunts, dogs running deer, pheasant stocking, the PGC, and on and on it goes.

The differnce between a good discussion and these rant posts is whether you take offense. I take offense to things rarely, but sometimes. How often are you offended? Maybe too often?

·
Registered
2,530 Posts
never offfended! i just laugh and see if i can predict who will respond and who will say what i find it good entertainment. its almost always the same characters with their same predictable inputs lol i particepate in the useful topics and have gained alot of advise and tips . this is a great site and i see where your coming from.

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Callmaker60 said:
I often wonder why moderators let some issues go on and on, like beating a dead horse.

I'm predicting this thread will be one of those too.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
It's always the same ones, usually. Hunt however you want and good luck.

·
Registered
211 Posts
BlackBruin said:
It's always the same ones, usually. Hunt however you want and good luck.
Agree, I used to hunt not so much anymore... With that being said it amazes me that some and again not all whine about this that the other thing while they're out hunting! I mean appreciate your time out in the woods it's precious.

·
Registered
1,853 Posts
mabey this is not the forum for you then. rant about other people ranting.face it we have big problems in this state regarding wildlife management. keep your mouth shut and soon you will not have anything to hunt in this state.

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
*Moose said:
Callmaker60 said:
I often wonder why moderators let some issues go on and on, like beating a dead horse.

As long as discussion stays civil and no rules are broken threads remain open. We are here as a platform for hunters to discuss what is important to them. Right now the hot issues are lack of deer, lack of hunters, etc...

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
338/378wm said:
mabey this is not the forum for you then. rant about other people ranting.face it we have big problems in this state regarding wildlife management. keep your mouth shut and soon you will not have anything to hunt in this state.
Agree

·
Registered
3,575 Posts
BONZy said:
*Moose said:
Callmaker60 said:

As long as discussion stays civil and no rules are broken threads remain open. We are here as a platform for hunters to discuss what is important to them. Right now the hot issues are lack of deer, lack of hunters, etc...
Very well said.

I think the title of the thread says it all. Someone thinks something is "wrong" with people who are having less of a positive experience hunting, who are frustrated with some of the things they see and experience with their own eyes and minds.

It's been a while since I ventured out onto public lands. I admit that I am very, very fortunate to have a neighbor who will let me archery hunt on their property. I recognize not everyone has that blessing, and I understand that because of this good fortune, my own experience does not reflect that of everyone else.

I was rather shocked and disappointed at my own experiences on public land. I won't debate my effort or skills. I'm 49 and have hunted for 37 years, and I believe that I am a "decent" hunter.

If you want a place where no one raises their concerns, their frustrations, or their thoughts that go against the so-called establishement, I am willing to contribute the first $1 to the one-way airline ticket to Iran.

Otherwise I am willing to listen to everyone's thoughts and ideas and stop and think about what they may have to say.

·
Registered
2,813 Posts
I could start listing what's wrong with me, but I think most of it would be very boring for you all. My wife, on the other hand, would probably be more than happy to listen, with a knowing nod of agreement thrown in from time to time.

Thanks for asking though!

·
Registered
1,222 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I listed over a dozen things that people usually complain about on this site beyond HR. Funny how all of you jumped onto that point. Believe it or not, HR isn't the only issue going on in the woods today. My point was pervasive negativity. I don't think I need to go to Iran if I think it's gotten a bit out of hand around here. I've been reading this board for twelve years. If I met you at a sportman's club and we BS'ed for a while, I wouldn't think you were a miserable coot, would I? So why are you like that around here?

·
Registered
975 Posts
Mr. Friedl, I can tell you why folks complain. Its due to a lack of success and their toes got stepped on a few times. Remember when you started out and the amount of success you had? How about the times someone set up to close to you or you did the same on public lands? Consider you self lucky that you hunt on private land with food plots, from established tree stands in a deer rich area. Others are not so lucky so they complain on a public fourm. Whats not to understand?

I read their posts, remember when I started to hunt and can relate to what they go thru. I just thank my lucky stars I don't have to go thru that BS as far as deer hunting.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts