The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
536 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll admit it. I love harvest pics! Bucks, does, young and old I love seeing them. The amount of them seems to dwindle every year. I know the people on this forum harvest way more deer than what are shown. Why don't more people post them? What's the scoop?

·
Registered
41 Posts
Social media. It's so much easier for folks to upload their pics straight from their phone or mobile device straight to Facebook or wherever.It's a shame, I know I have always enjoyed them on HPA.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Most the other forums on here have pages dedicated to the kill photos I.e archery, trapping, small game. The big game forum doesn't have a page dedicated to that, least not that I can find. That might help as well!?

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Try the hunters success photo forum....

Usually run a deer success thread there as well...if its not there I will get it there...

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
Might have something to do with needing a web URL to upload a photo to this site. Much easier, as someone said, to upload right from your PC or phone to FB.

·
Registered
18,927 Posts
Photo participation has been crashing here for years. Heck, even when the site or members give stuff away to encourage photo posting and the sharing of success stories it is like pulling teeth.

Being able to upload directly to the site would certainly help but I feel that is not the root of the problem.

·
Registered
2,665 Posts
dpms said:
Photo participation has been crashing here for years. Heck, even when the site or members give stuff away to encourage photo posting and the sharing of success stories it is like pulling teeth.

Being able to upload directly to the site would certainly help but I feel that is not the root of the problem.

Uploading is a pain and most people want to do it direct from a cell. However I also think that people are reluctant to share any photos for fear of "giving up the info". I mean people are reluctant to post photos due to success from a spot or even the bashing people get over some of the photos posted. The dreaded "oh no where is your orange"? Or my personal favorite, "darn, you shot a button buck". Sometimes, it just aint worth it.

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The archery forum is the way it should be. There's a sticky thread right at the top that says "2015..whatever success thread". For some reason, there isn't one for rifle. I'm not sure why that is. I've banned social media but for HPA so this is my only venue to see success pics. Hope the powers that be change and do a sticky thread. Comments not allowed one!

·
Registered
1,705 Posts
It isn't hard AT ALL to get pics to here. I take a pic and merely touch my phone 3 more times and the pic is posted. Everything is just a fad these days. Hot for a while, dead the next.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts