The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
2,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have to put new AT's on my 2010 tundra and am not sure what to get. I want a nice balance between longevity, low road noise, good wet and snow traction,and a decent price. I had BF goodrich Rugged Trails which only got me 25k and I currently have Nitto terra Grapplers (i didn't like the wet traction but got 45k so far) I am currently leaning toward cooper discoverys but I'd like to get some opinions first.

Thanks

·
Registered
8,132 Posts
Look in the truck forum....they have a tire thread going. I haven't read it, so not sure it will help, but it may.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
im not sure there is one. If u find it post it up. I need tires soon. Hated the uni's that came on the chevy.

My friend loves the general grabber AT's but I think they are noisey.

·
Registered
9,479 Posts
I was gonna recommend B.F.Goodrich All Terrains than realized something.You got excellent milage for a on-off road tire.You should be tickled pink.

·
Registered
697 Posts
If you got the cash, you cant go wrong with the BFG all terrain TA's. There pricey but they are a heck of a tire... I currently run Nitto Terra Grapplers on my Silverado and love them also.

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
General grabber at. run them on my truck there great in snow and hold there own in the dirt. my dad my self and a few buddies run them and were gettng good mileage as long as there rotated

·
Registered
810 Posts
I've got Falken Wildpeaks and I'm close to 45k miles on them. I'll need new ones before winter but I've been fairly impressed with them. Very quiet. They could be better in the snow but that may be because mine are so wide.

·
Registered
1,617 Posts
RobOz said:
the BFG Rugged Trail is a piece of crap tire, it's not even in the same zip code as the BFG AT.
I run BFG AT KO's on my wife's 4Runner and my Tundra. Quiet as necessary at highway speeds on both, rugged looks for my pickup and tremendous treadwear. There may be a tire that's comparable but there's none better. After months of online shopping, I picked up 5 KO's for my '03 Tundra, slightly oversized at 265/75 16rim, 2 of which were practically brand new and 3 half worn for $300 from a local Tacoma forum member. Shop often and shop smart. Deals are to be had!

·
Registered
1,817 Posts
Used to run the Coopers on my old Colorado and thought they were great. I too will be in the running for a new set this fall. Likely will end up with the Coopers. Check out Five Star Tire out in Bethel Park. They had the best prices out of everywhere I called in the past. Also, keep an eye out for whatever promotion cooper might be running. Sometimes you can buy 4 and get a $100 visa gift card.

·
Registered
241 Posts
I run Goodyears. I know some don't care for them but my 03 Avalanche got 80,000 miles to each of 3 sets and my son is working on the 4th set. Its at 265,000 miles now. Keep them rotated every 6 to 8 thousand and they wear out even. I was glad to see my 13 Avalanche came with the Goodyears too.

·
Super Moderator
24,058 Posts
I love my Coopers

1 - 20 of 29 Posts