The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
John's dinner post got me thinking about this weekend. These are USDA Prime Strip Loins. They are what they call a "Pureland Angus" meaning no antibiotics or hormones and the lineage is confirmed by DNA testing to ensure the calves come from the desired breeders. Price on Prime has been very reasonable and it should start to drop after the holiday weekend as most disributors have already locked in their purchases for the summer.

What's going on your grill this weekend??

·
Registered
3,416 Posts
What time should I be there to eat, again?

Looks good!!

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
wow! my invite must have gotten lost in the mail, just PM me with the details on time/place, LOL! They look amazing

·
Registered
2,870 Posts
Those steaks look great.

I have a wedding so no grilling for me this year on the fourth.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Great marbling on those steaks, I like mine Pittsburgh rare!

·
Registered
7,406 Posts
Steaks and shrimp tonight for the family. Hotdogs and homemade bacon/cheddar burgers for everyone else tomorrow evening.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Those are sweet! Great marbling. About two inches thick. You have this chef drooling. Season with a little salt & pepper...don't want to overpower the taste of the meat.

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
i'll be makein some wings on the grill, and i am gonna smoke some sausage,atomic buffalo turds, maybe a pterodactyl egg or too and what ever else i can come up with, i just feel like playing with my smoker today

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
basically its a hardboiled egg you just put them on the smoker, they absorb the smoke flavor, supposded to be pretty good i haven't tried them yet.

i just remembered i got a jerky kit and some deer meat in the freezer, guess i'll make some jerky too

·
Registered
1,698 Posts
do you boil the eggs first or, put a raw egg on the smoker and it cooks that way. might be a stupid question but jut not sure!

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
B292 said:
do you boil the eggs first or, put a raw egg on the smoker and it cooks that way. might be a stupid question but jut not sure!

not a stupid ??? seems boil first then smoke. i didn't get to try this this weekend but the ABTs were awesome tonight

i'm getting ready to go on vacation so this was a kinda throw down but man those ABT are awesome

·
Super Moderator
23,763 Posts
man i love chicken quaters, that looks awesome

1 - 20 of 28 Posts