The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is everyone at? This forum seems to have become stagnate. The Cider Festival will be in 3 weeks and appears to have some response. With fall and the start of hunting seasons in the very near future the forums will begin to heat up so now is a good time to plan some regional events. I hope to get a couple outings at my camp hunting coyotes with some members. Lets hear some plans for the seasons.

·
Registered
11,357 Posts
LOL, I have been thinking the same thing Dean! Have fun at the cider festival, I wish I could make it, but it would be too much travel in a short period of time for me....sorry.

You are right about the forums, they are going to get downright HOT here in the very near future. Walt and I are working on a possible charity sportsman's online auction to benefit the Pink Ribbon Riders in their efforts to help victims of breast cancer. I'm hoping to have the auctions and hand the money over right before the Christmas Holiday.
Other than that, I have to admit that I am doing a lot of things for myself, whether it is finishing up the house, hanging stands or just trying to relax. The big season is upon us and I need all the energy I can muster up!

·
Registered
5,867 Posts
I gotta tell you Dean, I am envious of the western half of the state - actually from Hsbg over. You guys have lots of active members and opportunities for events. Here on this side of the state, we only have two of the 5 reps even check in on the rep board! Of course, Walt has always been a big help to us.
I've been occupied the last two months but I contacted Dennis just yesterday to try and meet to plan/strategize something for the future.
I've come to accept that my approach has been wrong - I thought it would be great for guys on here to get together every so often - a shoot, a picnic, go to a game. But as a post earlier this summer lamented - guys don't seem to be interested in getting together - for whatever reason. I guess I should have learned that from the 10Anniv shindig - a tremendous event, with alot of effort put forth, that was miserably attended!
I believe Walt and Dennis have the right idea - set up a table for HPA at some of the outdoor-related events going on in our communities. Get the name out. Let folks know what HPA is. I also think the buying power idea someone posted a few weeks ago is right on.
Anyway ... that is my thoughts ... be great to meet you you sometime (yeah, I am one of those guys who likes to get together!)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts