The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I happened to run across a rem 760 carbine in 35 rem. I thought the price was decent but wasn't sure. It would be more of a collectors gun if it was a fair price. So what ya think? Thanks

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
sparkchaser said:
275-350 without a scope in nice shape would be my guess.
Personally, I think that's a little low, I see them quite often between $425-$500 depending on shape. If you see one for $350, jump on it man!

·
Registered
2,846 Posts
PSUHunter said:
I happened to run across a rem 760 carbine in 35 rem. I thought the price was decent but wasn't sure. It would be more of a collectors gun if it was a fair price. So what ya think? Thanks
I bought mine in a 30-06 in 1980 for $179.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
is it a real carbine with an 18.5" barrel? does it have Carbine written on the barrel? if it is indeed a 760 carbine in 35 remington, there were only 456 of them made and it is worth about $1500 in good shape. if you don't buy it, let me know where it is and i will.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
pumpgun said:
is it a real carbine with an 18.5" barrel? does it have Carbine written on the barrel? if it is indeed a 760 carbine in 35 remington, there were only 456 of them made and it is worth about $1500 in good shape. if you don't buy it, let me know where it is and i will.
What, no pic of the Whelen carbine?

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Apparently the one's I've seen around aren't actual factory carbines for those prices. What does cutting a barrel do to the price of a non-factory 760-7600 carbine?

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
n guess i've flaunted that whelen a bit too much huh?
i know my wife is sick of it laying between us in bed.

a 760 rifle cut down to 18.5" is worth a rifle price or maybe a bit more or less depending on condition. a nice 760 rifle in 35 in good shape its worth about $400. it really depends on age and condition. some of the 760 35's are worth a bit more like the '58-'63 ADL models. the last ones produced in '79-'80 are worth more if they are in really good condition.

that said, cut down models make handy guns though.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
280 is rare too. 1300 made. i would like to get one of those but they are too rich for my blood. 35 is the rarest carbine though.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
pumpgun said:
If it's a carbine, and has it written on the left side of the barrel like pumpgun said, it's a rare gun and needs snatched up ASAP

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
a fews months ago i saw 7600 carbine 35 rem wooden stocked gun on gun broke brand new in the box, the gun was beautiful asking price was $ 950.00 which i thought was kinda high since it was not a 35 whelen. the gun sold in 2 days. i been kicking my self in the [censored] over that one.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
hunterdan199 said:
a fews months ago i saw 7600 carbine 35 rem wooden stocked gun on gun broke brand new in the box, the gun was beautiful asking price was $ 950.00 which i thought was kinda high since it was not a 35 whelen. the gun sold in 2 days. i been kicking my self in the [censored] over that one.
thats too much. you can find them for around $600. when i bought my whelen carbine the guy had a NIB 7600 35 carbine for $629 and probably would have dealt. i was really tempted but just left with the whelen since i already had a 35.

gunbroker prices are nuts. look at little country gunshops in PA for the bargains.

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
pumpgun, that rem carbine was sitting next to my whelen when i bought mine! i wanted the whelen...i bought it and he probably put your carbine in my rifles place! LOL!!! you got lucky on that deal! i was a few minutes too late to snatch up that carbine you got! lol

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Ahhhhh you gotta love finding deals like that! I have been looking to find a deal on a 7600 in 260 or 280 the only ones I can find are people who also know the real value of the gun.

·
Registered
3,691 Posts
i love little country gunshops that don't have gunbroker up all the time. theres still a few left. all this gun talk has got me in the mood to do some driving. i have a circuit i hit a few times a year that takes all day. and no, i won't disclose the details.

·
Registered
2,179 Posts
Around this time last month, I walked into a shop that had a 7600 in 260, 280,35 Whelen and several 06's and 270's! I bought the 280 and wifey bought me the Whelen for Christmas. I'm still working on the 260. All were fairly priced too.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts