The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I think I ask this question every year. This year I haven't had any time to train between my dog being injured and being back in school. How has it been getting chases? The couple times I did get out only had a rabbit or two up so it's not looking good so far for me unfortunately! Anybody else doing any good running bunnies yet?

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
Was out yesterday for the Grouse opener in Bradford County. Where there was good rabbit cover there were rabbits. On our property we have section devoted to Mr. Cottontail and the population stays very good every year.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
One thing I wish and work for is enough money to buy a piece of property to manage for bunnies! The one place we have been going to train close to the house has almost no rabbit population this year. I really haven't had the time to go out anywhere else. The place I work usually holds rabbits too, but no dice there either. There were rabbits early in the year but they have disappeared! I was really hoping to find some places around this year that had a decent population of cottontails. Hopefully I get a few days to actually hunt soon. Is there anyone who hunts SGL #79 for rabbits that could possibly PM me?

·
Registered
626 Posts
Its looking a tad better than so so for my area, took my 7mnth old out with the big dogs two weeks ago and all he wanted to do was play and screw around. The big dogs ran track all morning one right after another. Took him out alone last.sat for three hours, he ran non stop and had several runs, and we didnt hit the brush till 8:30.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts