The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
.... my Zuchini flowers ? They are being clean-cut at the stems. Looks like a scissor cut it's so clean. My garden is fenced in and there are only 2 things that I can think of that have access that may do this, A. Snake B. Bird. Anybody ??? I have 4 enormous, and beautiful full plants, and thus far, only have 4 Zukes. Whatever it is, is killing my production.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Sounds like rabbit.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The fence is chainlink. It would have to be one very small rabbit... not to mention, with the Dog's and Cat's, it's been years since I've seen a rabbit in our yard. I'd also think that some of my other plants would have fallen victim to something like a rabbit or groundhog. Sure like to catch whatever it is. Might have to buy a trailcam.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
It could also be robbins or blackbirds, a rabbit bite usually is at an angle but a clean cut.

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
Groundhogs can climb trees, a chain link fence is no obstacle.

·
Registered
16,493 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Groundhogs can climb trees, a chain link fence is no obstacle.
Hmmmmmmmm, now that's an interesting statement. I'm gong to check out your Robin theory also. I was just thinking the other day that I've been seeing an inordinate amount of Robin's fluttering around the garden. Thought they were there for the insects and worms.

·
Super Moderator
6,026 Posts
Those little groundhogs are a real problem. I disposed of 6 in a week last year. No problems this year so far. They are eating machines!!!!!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts