The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
52,307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shirley Grenoble, she used to write about turkey hunting for Game News and other publications, she was a terrific writer . I think she even got shot once walking out of a turkey woods...I used to love her writings , but she seem to vanish, might have passed for all I know, certainly hope not......

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
I seen she was writing articles for the altoona mirror ( altoonamirror.com )and heres a short article about her being shot:

Pa. Hunter Nearly Died For Love Of Her Sport Inside The Outdoors

December 31, 1989|by ANGUS PHILLIPS, The Washington Post

Shirley Grenoble says she's plenty worried these days, but not enough to quit turkey hunting. So she was back in the woods this fall, toting 25 lead pellets in her neck, arms and legs after two hunters emptied their shotguns at her last spring.

By ghastly coincidence, it occurred just 2 1/2 weeks after her son was shot in the face.

The back-to-back horrors would seem reason aplenty to give up turkey hunting. "But this isn't just some little hobby for us," said Grenoble, 54, of Altoona, Pa., who has written for decades about hunting and fishing for national magazines and Pennsylvania newspapers.

·
Banned
40,543 Posts
Ron, you're right about Shirley Grenoble, she was a very good writer. I remember when she was shot while turkey hunting. I used to read her articles in the Pennsylvania Sportsman. That was a great publication until the owner, Lou Hoffman, passed and it was sold to Peterson's who shut it down a short while later.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
She spoke at a HTE instructor's training years back, Told about getting shot, Great speaker, class lady.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts