The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
3,082 Posts
I got three possum, six coons and two fox(one grey and one red).

·
Registered
295 Posts
nothing got 6 sets out messing around on a cut corn feild. had 3 sets cleaned out from the side and a critter left me some hair in another not realy seeing any sign anyware.

·
Registered
2,498 Posts
i'm waiting till mid november.did start prepping traps tho!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Not wasting my time catching junk!!! Waiting at least 2 more weeks

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
A guy I work with brought me a coon he caught today that was gettin in his corn crib. I skinned it this evening and the skin looked white. Must be some coon gettin primed up. I still gonna wait another week or 2.

T-R

·
Super Moderator
12,799 Posts
Like cooncrazy said, im slowly prepping gear...

Made about 3 gallons of waxed dirt yesterday...after "testing" ive decided it is magical and i need to make more...not too bad to make and i have a bunch of bone dry dirt...

Had a dozen traps i nite latched and cleaned up the dogs..gotta tune them yet..

My other 10 are ready for the pot...taking then and the pot to camp tomorrow..will try to get em dyed and waxed this weekend after archery hunts...

Planning to go back to camp the last few days of archery if i havent.killed a buck and will get the rest dyed and maybe run a few canine sets...if not will goto bear camp early and do it...easier to do at camp over the fire..propane gets expensive...setup at camp works great..

Ive treed plenty of coon since the season started...havent killed any yet...couple more weeks yet...

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Following "Johnsons" advice this year. November 25th thru January 15th. (hopefully).

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
Silver fox = grinner = Oppossum. ;-)

I've got a few sets out in the neighborhood to clean up the coon and grinner population. Only 1 grinner so far.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Got one red the 1st nite only because i saw him in the fields i trap. I went up there and made one dirthole set. 1 trap,1 nite,1 fox! Pulled the trap and told the boys i was done for the year. Not many can say they batted a 1000 trappin!!! Lol! BUT now i'm waiting for stuff to get alittle nicer and trying to shoot a buck with my bow since its prime time and besides, Hurricane Sandy is on the way and i don't need to dig out all my stuff because the ole hag turned everything into muck. Lots of time and everything gets better with age!!!!

1 - 20 of 50 Posts