The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious to see what we're willing to pay for the opportunity to hunt in PA. This is for a general hunting license for adult residents only and for resident doe license sales only.

·
Registered
5,895 Posts
I checked $30.00 and $10.00. Although I'd be willing to pay more,I checked these because I feel a lot of folks may go along with a slight increase. The way things are going for the PGC and the ill feelings some have towards them,too much of an increase may just make things worse. Sure would like to see an increase though, Could only make things better.

·
Registered
21,381 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
All I know is we [Pennsylvania Sportsmen] need an increase so we can properly support our sport, and for once, I'd like to see it done with out much backlash.

People need raises, WCO spots need filled, educational programs need to continue, and we need to focus on our youth. We can't do that on a 1980's budget. We have to keep up with the times.

How many of you realize that doe tags in the 20's cost $5.00? A ONE DOLLAR increase in nearly 100 years?

·
Registered
7,171 Posts
i voted 40 for the general. but i would hit some with my truck before paying over 20 for a doe permit. here in the sout east they run around like pesky rodents. they should charge the sharp shooters more.

·
Registered
356 Posts
The fees are already high enough... I know the prices don't effect us that have decent jobs down state but I know folks in the northern teir that can't afford an increase in license fees. I'm not complaining about base fees but the add-ons are getting out of hand! Wait till they start charging for turkey & antlered permits...

·
Registered
689 Posts
I would definitly be willing to pay much more for a liscense. $100 would definitly be worth it in my mind I spend the cost of the current liscense and doe tags to take my old lady to a movie on a Friday night with popcorn and soda.

·
Registered
5,633 Posts
Do you think charging $45+ would weed out some of the "yahoo hunter"? I would be all for hiking the cost if it meant narrowing the playing field a bit.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Same as is. I dont feel the quality of the hunt, nor the job done by pgc is worth more. Not a crack at them. Just my opinion. I think they will do just fine on a bare bones no bs budget. If/when they deserve it in the near future, I would support. I dont really care to see them completely bankrupt but would like to see things "tighted up" a bit and I think that is exactly what may be starting to happen.

The way they've completely ignored hunters, NOT EVEN HAVING THEM LISTED AS A THIRD FOURTH OR FIFTH PRIORITY or a priority at all! on their management plan!!! and the way they have handled the ehd outbreak coupled with the quality of animal in this state and other factors also keep me from chanting- $$$$ for pgc!...

As another said. Trim the fat. Alot of the cuts that were made were complete nonsense waste of money anyways.

·
Banned
4,279 Posts
GTF,

I checked $25.00(up 25%) and $6.00.I need to see some huntable doe/deer densities return to the Moscow area before I offer more for a doe permit......but you know how I feel about this anyway. General Funding is the way to the future...imho FT.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
GalThatFishes said:
All I know is we [Pennsylvania Sportsmen] need an increase so we can properly support our sport, and for once, I'd like to see it done with out much backlash.

People need raises, WCO spots need filled, educational programs need to continue, and we need to focus on our youth. We can't do that on a 1980's budget. We have to keep up with the times.

How many of you realize that doe tags in the 20's cost $5.00? A ONE DOLLAR increase in nearly 100 years?
Doe tags STILL cost 5 bucks, the extra dollar goes to the County Treasurer as an issuing fee.

·
Registered
27,829 Posts
grizzly2c said:
They dont need a raise, trim the fat and watch the waste.. Like the polititions say, bring back the 3 day doe and less tags and we will talk, until then NOTHING mujajajaja
Fat has been trimmed. Pheasant stockings are down by 50%. Over 100 jobs are vacant in the PGC, out of an agency of about 750.

30 WCO positions are vacant right now, but new officers are being trained.

Land Management officers can't hire the needed workers. I know one that used to have 7 game lands workers, he's down to 3 now and only allowed to hire 2 more. Who does this hurt? You and I.

Grizzly, you have become a bit "over the top" with your hate for the PGC.

The license issue and the deer issue are separate issues. We should not be hamstringing the PGC and extorting it just to get our own way.

Any hunter that does not support a license increase isn't a hunter/conservationist, IMO. We as a state would probably be better off without those that don't support an increase. Dead wood, if you ask me.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts