The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
with a 4 day weekend? I am going to camp! Sat.-Tue.! Them trout aint gonna know what hit em. Gonna put the trail cam out and see if I can get something besides turkey vultures and crows. Hope to get some wood cut. Hopefully get started building a new woodshed.

·
Super Moderator
23,750 Posts
Have fun. I am trying to find a excuse to go up Saturday. I do need to finish mowing and have to figure out a way to pick up some telephone poles for a pavilion I wanna build. Not sure if I can put it all together though.

·
Registered
25,472 Posts
Many years ago near camp, the phone company replaced the small poles by burying the phone line underground along most of the twp. roads. One of my uncle's farmer neighbors, asked the foreman if they could have the poles and the guy said no, because of liability concerns.

But, he also said if they came to collect the poles and they weren't still there, they wouldn't worry much about 'em either.

When they finally got around to coming for the poles, there were none to be found. But several farmers had new gate poles around the valley and a few small polebarn sheds had popped up here and there.

We cut one in half for our camp gate poles.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Our porch, deck, deer pole, wood shed are all put up with telephone poles. work great and will last forever. Helps when you work for the phone company! LOL Hey to the OP have fun and be safe this weekend!

·
Registered
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
TATERDAVID said:
Have fun. I am trying to find a excuse to go up Saturday. I do need to finish mowing and have to figure out a way to pick up some telephone poles for a pavilion I wanna build. Not sure if I can put it all together though.
See ya there if ya can pull it off!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts