The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a Marlin Model 44, serial number in the 400s, 20 ga. Was given to me awhile back. Its a nice gun but hate the safety location and won;t hunt with it because of that and the magazine tube ejection button. Nice gun for dove or something else, but not for rabbits which is my bread and butter. Anyway, been researching as to what it would be worth. Does anyone have a reasonable idea on value for a gun that is probably in the 60-70% range as far a condition.

·
Registered
300 Posts
Sight unseen, around $325 or so. Safety inside the trigger guard is an odd design choice. Any idea why Marlin did that?

A wise man once told me "A gun is only worth what someones willing to pay.

·
Registered
7,792 Posts
True, and the market is slow right now..Even on gunbroker I see guns going for far less then they did a year or two ago...Nobody has money.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys,

Thats kind of the range I saw for the ones that were on the market and probably what i would ask for it, maybe 250-300.

·
Registered
12,793 Posts
Big Ken said:
True, and the market is slow right now..Even on gunbroker I see guns going for far less then they did a year or two ago...Nobody has money.
I agree Ken. I have found lately though that guns and guitars are way over priced new or used. I love both but have backed on buying in the last year to 2 as the prices have gotten crazy.

·
Registered
737 Posts
In bad economic times collectables that are in "HIGH " condition continue to hold their value and will readily sell. Anything else has to have a discount or sit forever.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts