The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Well, I've done Moose five times but never in Alaska. So I'd say Alaska Moose.

·
Registered
5,159 Posts
Moose, with a bow, in the Yukon. Maybe with Eva Shockey as my guide 😉

·
Registered
4,541 Posts
I would love to go on a guided restricted area elk hunt. If and when it happens I shall retire from hunting and just carry a stick and encourage young hunters.

·
Registered
9,848 Posts
I consider myself to be very blessed to have gotten to go on what is my all-time dream hunt. I went on an Alaskan grizzly hunt in 2011. It was a 10 day backpack hunt where I also got a barren ground caribou. It was the most incredible 10 days of my life with the exception of my son being born. I got the grizzly on day three and dropped him in his tracks at just over 100 yards. Then I had 7 more days to look over ALOT of caribou. I passed up several bulls that were bigger than the one I finally got and I'm certain that a couple of them would have made Boone and Crockett. But toward the end of the trip, the migration began to dry up so I figured I'd better take one. The one I got scored just under 350.
So now that I've gotten several black bears and the griz, my next dream hunt is a brown bear. I had it booked but my outfitter sold his area. Hopefully I'll be in the game for that brownie again in 2018.[img:center] [img:center][url="http://s1129.photobucket.com/user/mkstivason/media/grizzly%20hunt/caribou.jpg.html"]

·
Premium Member
24,083 Posts
Saskatchewan for whitetail

·
Registered
1,719 Posts
Wow! A Grizzly is definitely on my bucket list. The hunts are a good bit cheaper thwn Brown Bear are they not?

1 - 20 of 59 Posts