The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Well we would reley on our already over extended law enforcement establishment for on-the-spot protection form assault, robery or murder. You know, the folks that are only minutes away when seonds count?

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Nothing. No one is even discussing banning useful guns. Only assault weapons that no one can seem to explain why they need to own them anyway.

·
Registered
2,119 Posts
*Moose said:
Nothing. No one is even discussing banning useful guns. Only assault weapons that no one can seem to explain why they need to own them anyway.
Once they would ban semi-automatic "assault" rifles, how long would it take them to feel the need to ban semi-automatic pistols ?

There are a lot of similarities between those two.

·
Registered
20,189 Posts
They should also realize nobody wakes up one morning and decides to be a mass murder. Funding for mental health has been on the downside going all the way back to when Kennedys administration opened the doors and let everyone roam the streets.

·
Registered
424 Posts
*Moose said:
As much as I hate to do it...
I'm going to ASSUME you are referring to and AR15 as one?

For me, they were:
1) versatile, one lower assembly built with custom trigger, stock, etc.

2) same lower used with multiple uppers, rifle calibers, pistol calibers,
long heavy precision barrel assemblies. Convenient carbine length barrels. Heavy hunting calibers (legal in most states), economical .22 caliber, and nearly anything in-between. ALL in one rifle. Same trigger. Same stock.

3) Part of our history. Just like the "low cap" 1911, the M1 Garand, the bolt action Rem 700, the bolt action 1903, etc.

4) Highly modifiable by even a novice. NO gunsmith required.

·
Registered
588 Posts
We do not need guns banned IMHO We need big penaltys on persons who use them for commiting crime. If used in robbery automatic 15 yrs in jail no trial. Murder, Death penatly no trial. etc. No such thing as Mentally unstable or drunk or on drugs!!

Stan

·
Registered
4,333 Posts
Please tell us what an assault weapon is? Ak's Ar's any semi auto? What to stop them from going after your semi auto shotgun next?

·
Registered
1,098 Posts
An assault weapon has the capability to fire full auto, burst, or semi. Nothing like what you can go into a gander mountain and buy. And will the media still stop calling a .223 round a "high-powered" round. Its disgusting really, its a dinky little round that most hunters use to shoot nothing more than varmits.

·
Registered
473 Posts
It is a center fire rifle cartridge. It's high power enough that I don't feel like being shot with one. I especially don't feel like having to hide from 30+ of them being fire from an AR15 or any one of it's variants. Can anyone explain the NEED of a 100 round drum being sold to civilians? Last time I checked no one needed to fight their way through a road block or a squad of insurgents to reach their mailbox.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
burninghxcsoul said:
An assault weapon has the capability to fire full auto, burst, or semi. Nothing like what you can go into a gander mountain and buy. And will the media still stop calling a .223 round a "high-powered" round. Its disgusting really, its a dinky little round that most hunters use to shoot nothing more than varmits.
\

It seems to have done a lot of damage in this case.

·
Super Moderator
1,747 Posts
If guns are banned.... I will feel that we have lost a part of our freedom and then other freedoms will follow.... just my opinion.

·
Registered
5,590 Posts
It is a slippery slope, most in the media don't know an AR from an 1100 and they don't care, they just want them banned.

·
Registered
424 Posts
Snyder80 said:
Last time I checked no one needed to fight their way through a road block or a squad of insurgents to reach their mailbox.
It happened in Lebanon, several South American countries, Iran, Kuwait, Iraq, Yugoslavia, Syria... (just to name a few). It's happened here twice in 200 years. It could happen again...

·
Banned
13,401 Posts
Big Redneck said:
It is a slippery slope, most in the media don't know an AR from an 1100 and they don't care, they just want them banned.

The slippery slope argument is NRA fearmongering. In the eyes of the liberal media my hunting rifles are borderline angelic. They just hate military style autoloaders. It is kinda nice having the assault rifles as a buffer in this though.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
*Moose said:
Big Redneck said:

The slippery slope argument is NRA fearmongering. In the eyes of the liberal media my hunting rifles are borderline angelic. They just hate military style autoloaders. It is kinda nice having the assault rifles as a buffer in this though.
I wouldnt feel to safe about your angelic bolt action rifle just yet , i believe the long range telescopic sighted snipers rifle have also been mentioned in several anti gun blogs in just the last few days.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
If there were ever an outright ban on firearms in the us, there would be a civil war. I know what side I would be on.

I would be moving south, too.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts