The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
101 - 120 of 150 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Old remington 870 wingmaster 12g with 00bk. Year or two later my younger brother used it and i got a new mossberg 835

·
Registered
3,089 Posts
Remington 760 223 caliber. Father and I hunted groundhogs quite often thru the summer months. Come deer season I was very confident in shot placement on deer. Hunted deer with it up until my father passed and then I switched over to his Remington 760 244 caliber.

·
Registered
155 Posts
A sporterized Arisaka 99 in 7.7 Arisaka. My brother took it apart to refinish it but then moved out of the area. I took over the project and refinished it with some sort of deck stain/sealer and hunted with it for two years. I bought my Remington 700 in 270 when I couldn't find ammo for the Arisaka any where. I recently dug out the rifle and formed some brass from 30-06 shells. I didn't get a chance to sight it in before the season so it didn't get any woods time yet. I may redo the stock again over the winter and see if I knock the ugly off of it. That high gloss finish has to go.
Kevin

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Model 94 winchester 30:30. Got it for an early christmas present my first year of hunting. I remember bugging my dad about it when i saw an add in the local paper that it was on sale at woolworths for 64 dollars. I killed a squirrel on my first day of hunting ever and my dad gave me the rifle that day when we got home. Still have the rifle and still remember that day like it was yesterday.

·
Registered
2,455 Posts
We only had enough money for my dad to get me one gun. A used Remington 870 20 gauge. I used slugs for deer but didn't get any shooting my first year. The next year my dad purchased a new Remington 7600 carbine and give me his old 760 in .30-06.
^This

·
Registered
13,863 Posts
Borrowed Mossberg 20ga bolt action shotgun, same gun I used for my first small game season. Next was my uncles Ithaca 20ga pump, used that for a couple of years. Then a borrowed Marlin 336 .30-30 for one season, then my dad bought me the Win Mod 70 .30-06 I still use today.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Savage 170 pump 30-30. It was my dad's. He passed it to me then we passed it to my daughter! She is pregnant with her 1st child, hope we can pass it on to he or she when that time comes!

·
Registered
4,110 Posts
When I was eleven years old(1959) "Unk" marched me over to the rack in his shop.."Pick one". I grabbed the prettiest one, a semi customized shiney '98 in 8x57.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I shared my Dad's 7mm Mauser for deer hunting, had a single shot Winchester 22 for squirrels and small game.

·
Registered
762 Posts
Remington 870 express combo. I didn't start hunting until I was 16 or 17. Nobody in my family hunted but I had some friends that duck hunted. I wanted a gun that could do it all and that was cheap enough for my parents to buy as a birthday present. I still hate that gun, and it's still my only shotgun because I refuse to buy another until I learn how to kill turkeys.

·
Registered
11,846 Posts
Winchester M70 in .30-06 with a Weaver K4 scope. Still have it. Only difference now is it wears a Leupold VX2 in 3-9x40 scope. Shot a 6 point buck 30 minutes into my first day deer hunting with it in 1980.

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
At the age of 11 my Dad came with a beautiful Remington 700 adl .243 with a 2-7 leupold on it. He got it in a trade deal involving cars and guns. I’m sure brought on by his son needing a rifle for hunting. I still have it and it still shoots great. My daughter shot her first buck with it in 2017. I told her that it goes to her! I will probably have it completely restored before I hand off for good

101 - 120 of 150 Posts