The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
8,449 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
mine was a 4pt when i still a junior hunter.
first saturday of gun season 06. it was a very cold morning and had just broke day light and i was sitting watch for the first drive of the day. a single doe fawn came through and got my blood flowing when she startled me. then three does came through and i figured no bucks were gonna come because it had been about 15 mins and nothing had came through in a while and all of a sudden a solo deer with tall horns came through when he got slowed down and was at what i though was about 80yds i lined up the iron sights on my mossburg 500 20 ga and took a somewhat rushed shot and thought i missed. i replayed the shot in my mind and waited for the drivers to come and they had already located him. i had hit him solid in the neck and he had run only about 40 yds. i think dad was more excited than i was. we drug him off the hill and i was congradulated by other members of the hunting party. a friend of ours got an awesome 9 pt on the next drive and that made the day all the more sweeter. little did i know it was a begining to a major addiction.

what is the story behind your first deer.

·
Registered
5,555 Posts
Mine was a doe that I shot during doe season at my aunt's house in Clearfield County. I was heading out for an evening hunt and when I walked out of the door there was a group of them standing in the field feeding. I was able to sneak within 120 yards or so and make a shot on her. The following year I was able to harvest my first buck, a little mountain 7 point, in Pine Grove with my dad. I will never forget how happy and proud he was of me that day. They are some great memories.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Mine was a button buck running with some doe back when I was 12 or 13. I made my uncle gut it for me because I was to grossed out at the time. He still jokes with me about that once in a while and we just laugh.

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
A 7 point. I was hunting with my father. Along comes a solo hunter and he comes up and talks to us. After awhile he walks about 50 yards and cuts into the woods. Out comes the 7 point. My dad and I looked at each other and could not believe it. We both shot, and down goes the buck. The guy comes out of the woods and was happy for us. He watched me tag it and gut it. Shorty after that he walks away, and cuts back into the woods. No joke a ten point walks out and my dad shot it. The guy came out still happy for us. He even helped us drag the deer out. My dad got his name and sent him a case of something. That day was the best day, and first day hunting buck with my dad. I do have to say thank you to the "guy" who helped us get our bucks. I don't know if I would have been so happy and willing to help being that I just walked past two nice bucks. What a sportsman!

·
Registered
2,453 Posts
A doe in Tioga county in 2000. I was 13, it was the first year for the combine buck/doe season for youth on the first day. I shot it with a .243 from about 125 yards.

·
Registered
9,145 Posts
A doe on the 2nd day of the 3 day does season in 1990. My dad pushed her out into a field and I shot her facing me at about a 150 yards, off hand, in the chest with a .243. Probably the toughest shot I've ever made! haha

·
Registered
2,957 Posts
Doe with a flintlock 1979. Finally scored after missing about 4 deer that day.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
'85 Doe season 2nd day, I was 15.It was a crazy far away shot through the trees(lack of experience).She dropped in her tracks. The mature doe that I took had a yearling with her and were headed straight toward me. I think I took the shot after waiting for 3 years to get my firrst one and had doe fever.

·
Registered
1,882 Posts
First day of Doe 1968. I shot a doe and she ran into the state park. Dad got a park ranger and we went into the park to get her.

·
Registered
98 Posts
7 point buck in 1963. 17 yrs old. 7;15 am cold and windy.hunting with brother David and his freind Phil.7 point buck came with some does and other bucks. i was nevres as i was trying to get a shot on some of the bucks.the 7 point did. now i take the memory of the 7 point buck.to all the deer season since then. brother David and Phil are gone now.Thanks them and others for some great hunting memorys.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Button buck with a TC Renegade flintlock, 1981 I do believe (3rd or 4th year of hunting). I had some serious buck fever....lol.... and had to re-cock and pull that trigger twice after the first attempt.

1 - 20 of 201 Posts