The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
583 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got a question for all you Mathew's fans. I have never shot one, but what do you think was the best bow that Mathews have ever came out with? I was wondering out of curosity.

·
Registered
3,116 Posts
The MQ32 for me. Short axle to axle , quiet and it just "feels" right if you know what I mean .

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Mathews made some good bows over the years, unfortunately they got away from everything the company was built on in the recent years. MQ1, Q2, Conquest, Ovation, Switchback XT,in that order to name a few. But thats pretty much where it stopped.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I have a Drenalin but I miss my Q2...It was the nicest ,smoothest shooting bow I have ever owned.I gave it away to get someone into archery so it was worth it...My Drenalin doesn't shoot any better - it is a little faster but not as forgiving nd not as quiet, I don't think.I thought it was so much better than anything that I had ever shot that I assumed the Drenalin would be leaps and bounds above everything else like the Q2 - it isn't much different than the Q2.
IMHO - the Q2 was the best bow Mathews ever built in its time.

·
Registered
18,432 Posts
I shoot a Switchback XT. Fantastic bow. Had a Outback and a MQ-1 but the Switchback is my favorite. I haven't had an opportunity to shoot the new Reezen or Monster however.

·
Registered
2,523 Posts
Switchback XT!!! The monster is SMOKIN arrows, it took my buddy and I to pull the arrows out of a target!! The reezen is nice too but comparable to my SBXT so no use of buying it! The monster, SMOKES arrows man!!

·
Registered
201 Posts
Damageinc said:
I have a Drenalin but I miss my Q2...It was the nicest ,smoothest shooting bow I have ever owned.I gave it away to get someone into archery so it was worth it...My Drenalin doesn't shoot any better - it is a little faster but not as forgiving nd not as quiet, I don't think.I thought it was so much better than anything that I had ever shot that I assumed the Drenalin would be leaps and bounds above everything else like the Q2 - it isn't much different than the Q2.
IMHO - the Q2 was the best bow Mathews ever built in its time.
I gotta agree.The Q2 was the best bow that Matthews ever made.I got rid of mine last year for a Martin Firecat Pro and 80% letoff.

·
Banned
2,524 Posts
Xforce...oh wait Mathews doesnt make that, just one that looks like it. I got confused for a second ; ) But really, that monster draw cycle is ROUGH, even compared to my xforce. Not to mention the reezen being the worst drawing single cam bow I think I've ever felt. And seriously top heavy to boot. You almost need V-bars to balance that sucker. Well balanced, smooth drawing, forgiving bows that everyone could shoot is what mathews was built on, and all that was completely done away with in those two bows. They screwed up bigtime! And I saw someone mention the Apex. Great 3D bow, used to have one of those.

·
Registered
588 Posts
shootbowtech said:
Xforce...oh wait Mathews doesnt make that, just one that looks like it. I got confused for a second ; ) But really, that monster draw cycle is ROUGH, even compared to my xforce. Not to mention the reezen being the worst drawing single cam bow I think I've ever felt. And seriously top heavy to boot. You almost need V-bars to balance that sucker. Well balanced, smooth drawing, forgiving bows that everyone could shoot is what mathews was built on, and all that was completely done away with in those two bows. They screwed up bigtime! And I saw someone mention the Apex. Great 3D bow, used to have one of those.
YOU BETTER BE CAREFUL SHOOTBOWTECH. I SAID THE SAME THING ABOUT 3 MONTHS AGO AND YOU WOULD HAVE THOUGHT I INSULTED EVERYONES MOTHER.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts