The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i had a mature doe standing at 10 yds this morning at 7:25 am and didnt pull the trigger. i wasnt ready to end my season so early. i think ive lost my mind!

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
You were thinking that a mighty buck would be coming into view the moment you dropped the hammer on that doe. Naaaahhh, you did not lose your mind. Your mind took control of your emotions and told you to wait for another day. Good luck to you and I hope that buck comes into range soon.

·
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
jimsdad said:
You were thinking that a mighty buck would be coming into view the moment you dropped the hammer on that doe. Naaaahhh, you did not lose your mind. Your mind took control of your emotions and told you to wait for another day. Good luck to you and I hope that buck comes into range soon.
no i dont have a buck tag left so that wasnt in my mind im just not sure what iwas thinking. but thanks for the well wishes.

·
Registered
1,421 Posts
Ha! I had one at 10 FEET tonight stopped broadside and I DID pull the trigger...dry-fired. Pan powder was bone dry, just got no spark when I needed it. What the #%$#%$#!!!!!

I couldn't believe it...get that close on State Lands and I have a friend's family that needs the meat bad (they blanked this season) and the Red Gods didn't give it to me?!? Man, I love muzzleloader season, but this one hurt good.....

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
treestand91 said:
i had a mature doe standing at 10 yds this morning at 7:25 am and didnt pull the trigger. i wasnt ready to end my season so early. i think ive lost my mind!
Assuming you still have a tag(s) left after hunting all season..mebbie some sorta check-up is in store my friend!

·
6,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
well to answer my own question i guess this is what i was thinking i got to hunt with some good freinds and was able to harvest a fine deer. so not tagging out early was a good thing for me and my buddies.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts