The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well heres the story. I've been getting trail cam pics of two nice buck since way before season, an during season. Im yet to see either of these bucks while hunting from my stand. I've past up 6 legal bucks this year hoping to get a shot at one of these shooters. But time is running out so i decided to take a shot if a legal buck offers it again. Today i got in my stand at 5:30 a.m. an sat til only nine because i had to take my 2 yr old to dr. Before exiting the woods i checked my trail cam. An there was one of the shooters at 5:00 a.m. Before this i havn't had any pics or seen neither buck since "sandy". With not seeing much of the rut in 2c i'm not really sure what to do.

·
Registered
3,715 Posts
If you really want to take one of those bucks, then wait, and that might mean waiting till rifle, or even second season. If you want to take a buck with a bow, well shoot the first one that is legal that you want.

·
Registered
651 Posts
treed74 said:
If you really want to take one of those bucks, then wait, and that might mean waiting till rifle, or even second season. If you want to take a buck with a bow, well shoot the first one that is legal that you want.

Agreed.

·
Registered
3,156 Posts
I have been holding out for my big boy for the last 3 yrs. I did however shoot a smaller buck 2 yrs ago on the very last day in the very last hr of light. I haven't even laid eyes on him other than the trail camera. I will hold out for him again this year. Saturday is my birthday so maybe he'll give me a great gift.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Have you tried any calling or rattling? If he was there at 5 am this morning he has to be relatively close at legal shooting light. If I were you I'd be in my stand extra early tomorrow morning and be rattling at 6:15, minutes before legal shooting light.

·
Registered
135 Posts
Are you getting any daytime pics? If so, that would convince me to hold out. Not that you wouldn't still see either buck during shooting time while only getting night time pics. 5 AM is pretty close now to shooting time. Activity is really strong where I'm at w/ the cold weather. If you're seeing does, that would convince me more. Good luck!

·
Registered
167 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks guys an i was gettn daytime pics last week during that storm nothing since..i've been callin..an think i am gonna hold out ive burned up all of my vaction days for bow season so hopfully i can get a few days off in rifle.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts