The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have seen and read plenty of posts about old cams no longer working and what new camera to buy. However, I have not seen a post about what to do with the old, worn out cameras. I have several old Moultries (with 6-volt batteries) that are probably around 8 years old, a Cuddeback Excite and a Cuddeback Expert that all have finally stopped working for one reason or another. Does anyone recycle their cameras, cannabilize them for parts and create Franken-cams to play around with or just trash them? It seems like a waste to throw out a camera that was once $200 and has a bad circuit board but good flash, housing, etc. but that's what the manufacturers told me to do. Anyone have any suggestions before they go to the landfill.

·
Registered
1,385 Posts
I knew a guy that use to rebuild them with his own stuff and he always keep the housing for rebuilds u can also hang them up around your property where u know trespassers are entering your land and hope it will keep them spoked if they steal them no loss

·
Registered
955 Posts
Chain them up in open areas of your property where they're easily visible. If they get stolen then you know it's time to pull your cams that work.

·
Registered
6,092 Posts
Old camera make excellent decoys. You could even sell them over at chasingame as I've seen people pay $20 25 just to use them as decoys.

·
Registered
13,869 Posts
rrroae said:
Old camera make excellent decoys. You could even sell them over at chasingame as I've seen people pay $20 25 just to use them as decoys.

Would love to see them equipped with the dye packs that explode just like the banks use. So when you see the guy with the Purple dye all over his hands you know he's the cam thief!

·
Registered
11,824 Posts
BassBlaster said:
Chain them up in open areas of your property where they're easily visible. If they get stolen then you know it's time to pull your cams that work.
That is a unique idea.

·
Registered
6,523 Posts
Could put a bag of ink/shoe dye/clothing dye inside glued to front and back.When forced open the bag tears and ink all over!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts