The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking at sport atv like 7oo raptor,450r and everthing else out there 400 or larger. What do you like about them and why should I purchase that model. I found a new 2009,700 raptor special edition thats pretty sweet, but would like some opinions on whats out there.

·
Registered
8,510 Posts
My friend has a Kawasaki Vforce 700.....I know its an automatic, but that thing has some go to it.
I love riding that thing

·
Registered
655 Posts
Banshee!!!!!!!!! Ride one that"s jetted and has pipes and I won't have to explain why. If you're going to race on a motocross track you might want to look elsewhere but if you what a FUN quad that's REAL fast get a banshee. I had one that was jetted, had FMF pipes, boost bottle and I loved trail riding on that machine. I bring that up because some knuckle head will come on here and say that banshees are no good for riding in the woods. I say learn how to ride and there is NO machine more fun than a banshee in the woods.

·
Registered
974 Posts
Sorry that just made me chuckle a bit. I had 2 strokes 4 strokes bikes trikes and quades and to have a coment like that is like telling someone to buy a drag car to go to the beach with the family. It is all in what type of riding you want to do. Banshee are nice don't get me wrong but I would never trade my LTZ back for my banshee. Yes I will be that so called knuckle head you where talking about! LOL

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
there selling brand new 700xx hondas for 3800. IRS chain driven. and its a honda. other then that most of the sports I see on the trail are either hondas normally 400's or yammies.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
bigben said:
there selling brand new 700xx hondas for 3800. IRS chain driven. and its a honda. other then that most of the sports I see on the trail are either hondas normally 400's or yammies.
My nephew bought one yesterday, $5080 out the door I do believe. Brand new left over 08'. Pretty good deal if you ask me.
Can't go wrong with a Honda IMO

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
was that with taxs tags and the financing?

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
I like Yamaha's, but that's my preference. 660 is real nice. I think the 700 is a little bulky. Stay away from the Bombadier(sp?). I rode the 600? the thing was a pig. Way too much shifting to keep the power at the rear. Haven't had the pleasure to ride a 450r yet but I would think it is great combo of weight and power.

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
bigben said:
was that with taxs tags and the financing?
That's what I was told.....complete and out the door. Financed thru Honda I do believe. I can find out specifics if you want me to.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
If you plan to be doing alot of sport riding, the banshee is king.

If you want a sport quad for the trails, get a YFZ450.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Anyone know where a honda 700x might be in a showroom. I contacted a few dealers and they told me good luck finding one.

·
Registered
4,209 Posts
check with trak n trail in state college. I know there was one in the showroom of velocity cycles but I haven't been in lately.

·
Registered
235 Posts
I have a 07 700se raptor and i love it, i would not trade it for anything. But it all depends on your style of riding. My buddy has a vforse and they run good but they are heavy and top heavy aswell thats just my opinion!!

·
Registered
4,781 Posts
SpiritNugent said:

now now...we all know the Honda 250R is the real king.

·
Registered
16,275 Posts
theaceman said:
SpiritNugent said:

now now...we all know the Honda 250R is the real king.
My banshee would eat a Honda 250R alive... literally. Wouldn't even "compete" with my bike.

They are limited to say the least... and need rebuilds often. As do any single cylinder 2 stroke.

I had 250R's, while nice bikes, they will never, ever be a twin cylider 2 stroke. You're limited to 60-65 horsepower with the best builders in the world building your motor.

With a banshee, the horsepower numbers are endless... as are the mountains you can climb

·
Registered
5,643 Posts
I've been considering getting another sport atv. I rode a 2009 KTM XC 450 today. WOW this thing is BAD!!!

My buddy let me take it for the afternoon knowing darn well what the result would be, I want one!!
A little out of my price range though...

1 - 20 of 34 Posts