The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a used one and was wondering what sort of problems are they noted for?

I figure that there must be a reason that law enforcement and the military stayed away from them?

·
Registered
6,415 Posts
Only problems I know of them having (I own 2 of them) is that they are light, reliable, and generally pattern very well with a good turkey choke.

·
Registered
3,770 Posts
You can short-shuck them and jamb them up, but you can do that with almost any pump. I've been using my 1300 turkey for at least 15 years without a hitch. I often think about buying one of the newer Turkey shotguns, but my 1300 has killed every one it shot at !

·
Registered
12,676 Posts
That short shucking stuck shell thing happened to my buddy last weekend. He has a late 80`s Winchester Ranger which I think may be similar to the 1300?

·
Registered
4,190 Posts
mines a late 80's ranger 1300. never had anything wrong with it. till this year. its lonley cuz i'm working saturdays now. its been crying to go for a walk

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Strut10 said:
Only problems I know of them having (I own 2 of them) is that they are light, reliable, and generally pattern very well with a good turkey choke.
This. I only own one now. A 26" bbl's full camo, Universal Hunter series. I have owned 5 of them and honestly regret selling every single one of them. Great guns.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
none. Awesome shotguns. I had a few in the past and now they currently reside with various friends and family...

"Oh Ken you can find more give me this one"...

·
Registered
1,054 Posts
243kid said:
Just bought a used one and was wondering what sort of problems are they noted for?

I figure that there must be a reason that law enforcement and the military stayed away from them?
Remington and Mossberg offered a better price than Winchester.

·
Registered
1,997 Posts
I had the vented rib mounts break on mine shortly after I got it. They replaced the barrel and it has been an awesome gun for the past 20 years. Very accurate for a short gun.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Bought mine new and had a few problems with it. First it would try to load 2 shells outta magazine into chamber resulting in jams. And then the 2 spot welds that attached the action bars to the pump snapped off. Wish it was more reliable because it points great

·
Registered
6,457 Posts
Son has the Win Ranger...Outstanding gun! He's had it over 20 years now!!!Shoots and points well...Great gun for hunting fox at night time!!!

·
Registered
238 Posts
I own two, my one is a speed pump MO Shadowgrass edition, I literally have put thousands of high brass BB to 4's steel loads through it and its still flawless. Its the fastest pump I have ever shot, sleek, well built, the perfect waterfowling pump gun. They disassemble in seconds too.

·
Registered
28,459 Posts
Loved mine during my grouse busting years without a dog...got the 21" barrel to replace the 28" and with that speed pump, climbing thru those grapevines...it was PERFECT.

Still have it and NEVER had a problem with it.

·
Registered
1,860 Posts
One of the best turkey guns ever made.. I call them half semi's..just push forward because they usually blow open from 2 oz loads !!! I'll never walk into the turkey woods without one and I can afford to buy those $1200 ones but refuse to... great gun.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts