1,957 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My younger granddaughter has a 30 to 40 lb martin bow single came
bow set up at 30lbs at a draw length 26"
any one have any idea what size carbons she will need

·
Registered
3,101 Posts
Problay 600s carbons...best to look at some easton charts and figure out the lbs she ll be shooting and the proper weight for the bow its self

·
Registered
3,033 Posts
600 or 500 spine, depending on the length of the shaft and the point weight. One of the things I looked at was the availability of broadhead weights (assuming she is going to hunt). If she is not hunting, mute point. I wouldn't put a 65 grain practice point on an arrow if all I could get was 85 grain broadheads.

·
Registered
4,906 Posts
I would go with the stiffer spine 500's. You can always cut them longer or shoot heavier field points to weaken the spine. The 500 spine would shot good and be a more durable.

·
Registered
2,348 Posts
My wife shoots a 35# PSE Chaos AD at 25.5" and 600 Gold Tips. But honestly I gave her a couple of my Easton Fatboy 500's and we noticed no difference. This is target shooting though not hunting.

·
Registered
2,551 Posts
I would go with the stiffer shafts if she may be increasing her draw weight and cut them a little long to take into account her draw length also increasing as she grows. It is much easier to get good flight from a shaft that is on the stiff side than one that is too weak.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts