The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
3,316 Posts
Rem. 870 express 12 ga. First gun I ever bought with my own money! Still have it and never will sell it. My brother wanted me to trade it for his recurve bow. I told him he's nuts because that shotgun hold more sentimental value then his recurve (that has never been shot) will EVER hold.

·
Registered
2,577 Posts
Springfield (Savage I think) 20 gauge pump. Bought second hand for $80 about 35 + years ago. It's still in use by my brother and has harvested everything from deer on down.

Muab Dib

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
An old sears 12 ga pump I got from my dad. I shot it for the first time at a range from a standing position (1978) and it pushed me back two steps...lol First squirrel I shot with it that year I never felt a thing. One of the first of many lessons regarding hunting you can only gain thru experience that I've kept with me over the years.

·
Registered
684 Posts
An Ithaca Model M-66 single barrel with a lever to break the action. It was a 20 gauge and sold for under $40 brand new when I got it back in the middle 60's. I wish I still had it!

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
.410/.22 Savage ou, I still have it but I wouldn't start a child on it, wingshooting with a .410 is a real handicap for a new hunter. Both barrels killed a lot of squirrels though.

·
Registered
10,285 Posts
Ithica DS Police Special my dad got cheao 12 ga and the traded it for aN Ithica Model 37 Featherweight 12 which I still have and use. I love Ithacas. Best shotgun IMHO.

1 - 20 of 97 Posts