The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
3,064 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Since Moss mentioned tax return season, what new gear did you buy /are you buying for turkey this year? My return is gone and spent, but I did get a set of Ol Tom technical turkey pants and shirt in obsession camo . Absolutely love the suit and excited to wear it later in the season when it gets too warm for my leafy suit. Also finished a box call that incorporates a lid my great grandfather made in the 1920's. Chestnut lid on a cherry box i built to replace the old box which was broken . Sounds great and Im anxious to call a bird with it. How bout you guys ?

·
Registered
940 Posts
I didn't buy anything for me but my fiance started hunting last year and we spent all spring and summer buying her a bow and learning to shoot. She enjoyed bow season and now its time to turkey hunt. We didn't do much special but spent a little coin outfitting a gun we had to make it more turkey unfriendly. Couple of chokes and ammo to patter, a camo job and sight. I think I am more excited than her, but whatever.

I got a set of Tomaflage last year in the fall for this spring and cant wait to use it. That stuff just disappears in the spring woods.

·
Registered
2,948 Posts
Not huntin this year due to the current address, but next year and as a yay for me gift when I get home, I am getting Mossy oak Bottomland everything. Time for new camo and I decided that the "old" stuff that Mossy sells may just be the best. So back to basics with a new pattern I will go!

·
Registered
826 Posts
lonnielou688 said:
some new calls, then perhaps other calls, and I'll round it out by getting a few new calls to go with those new calls !!
ATTA BOY!!!!!

·
Super Moderator
24,073 Posts
lonnielou688 said:
some new calls, then perhaps other calls, and I'll round it out by getting a few new calls to go with those new calls !!
I can tell you got the fever

·
Registered
470 Posts
I'm gettin' one of those South Penn wingbones too, gotta keep up with the hunting competition, SP Boss likes his poults to be armed with the best, and yes, I got the fever bad !!

·
Registered
1,822 Posts
Not planning on buying any new gear. I have all I need.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
WildTigerTrout said:
Not planning on buying any new gear. I have all I need.
Not all that you want, I'm sure, but all that you need:)

Same here... I have some new goodies from the last few years that haven't been properly broken in yet, so I might as well take care of them before I add to the collection. I have more than enough to get the job done, and then some.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
Have a new Weaver red-dot on the way.

Been using a $19.99 BSA for close to 10 years ...... worrying the whole time when it would puke.

·
Super Moderator
24,073 Posts
I got all my new gear last year, except the new wingbone caller I got recently

1 - 20 of 31 Posts