The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what you guys are carrying?

I been on a Kershaw kick lately. Right now I have a Kershaw Camber in my pocket.

·
Registered
388 Posts
I have a Schatt&Morgan swell center folder in orange bone. I believe it to be a prototype from the Series in the 90's.
On my hip is an intregal hunter I finally got around to finishing a month or so ago. Curly oak scales/5160 steel.
I like to go exotic :)
Life is too shorty to be carrying an ugly knife (quoted from AT Barr)

·
Registered
341 Posts
Well most days I have a Case stockman pattern three blades in my pocket. Jigged handles When I put one on my side its usually one I made but I am partial at the moment to a small 2 1/2 inch blade with maple scales.

R

·
Registered
233 Posts
Usually a Buck 110 from the early 80s or a Leatherman Sidekick (great multitool if you need one). I need to update my knife though. Any recommendations for a lightweight folder with 3.5 or 4 inch blade?

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I like the American made Kershaw and Benchmade folders. Though, today I am carrying a Spyderco Endura plain edge(Jap made) which I think has a 3.5 inch blade and is light weight. I like the Spyderco because it tucks in the waistband nicely. Another nice lightweight folder is the Kershaw Skyline, but it only has a 3" blade.

·
Registered
233 Posts
RobOz said:
I like the American made Kershaw and Benchmade folders. Though, today I am carrying a Spyderco Endura plain edge(Jap made) which I think has a 3.5 inch blade and is light weight. I like the Spyderco because it tucks in the waistband nicely. Another nice lightweight folder is the Kershaw Skyline, but it only has a 3" blade.
I had a skyline and I loved it but I bent the tip a little too easily. I got it from Walmart though so I wonder if it was inferior quality.

·
Registered
4,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Walmart sells the same Kershaw as any other store. Were you prying with the knife? I never had a point/tip bend, but I have broken quite a few.lol

·
Registered
233 Posts
RobOz said:
Walmart sells the same Kershaw as any other store. Were you prying with the knife? I never had a point/tip bend, but I have broken quite a few.lol
Can't remember what I was doing but I'm sure it was stupid.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Time to resurrect this old, but fun thread. I keep a Hogue neck knife under my shirt, and a Buck #112 Ranger on my belt. The Ranger is my favorite Buck model. Carried one for years as a firefighter, and keep a new spare in the safe "just in case".

Jeff

·
Registered
434 Posts
I like Gerber for the sole reason that they're cheap. I've had some CRKT, Buck, and S&W knives and they were all great except no matter how much I spent they never seemed any less likely to be lost.

·
Registered
4,460 Posts
My everyday pocket knife is an Old Timer 194OT, my hunting knife is an Old Timer125OT which is basically a 194OT in a larger size. I have two brand new 194OT's that I will give to the grandsons when their old enough to treat them with respect. All are USA made.
I'm looking for a Jean Case fixed blade like my father's, son is carrying it now but wants a different knife, afraid of loosing this one. Would be a nice gift if I can find one, which I will.
I'm also looking for a Kinsfolks 380, like the one I loss many years ago. I've found a couple but the price hasn't been right for the condition. Again I'll find the right one at the right price sooner or later.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts