The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
6,460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
We had M16 out in the field in the Coast Guard but in Coast Guard Boot Camp they gave use M1 Garand's. We were a service that use many a hand me downs.. You should see the 1911 we had aboard our cutter to use... There was no more bluing on the guns.. LOL but they still shot fine.. I'm sure the Gunners Mate change all the parts out on them to make them shoot well..

I have always had a place in my heart for the Model 1911... My dad was born in 1911 and I had to carry the Model 1911 to perform my CG duties...

So much so that I purchased a Model 1911 GI Springfield Armory... Ha Ha mine sure didn't look like that GI when I was in the CG! I new and parkerized etc...

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
M 1 Garand. After I made Petty Officer on board ship, I had to qualify with the 1911 .45.

·
Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
Heads up guys...CMP is getting 10,000 true USGI 1911's from the US Army to sell at some point in the semi-near future.

·
Super Moderator
7,817 Posts
Go to the CMP's site and find the requirements for eligibility to purchase.

I believe at this time, the Army is releasing 10,000 pistols. The CMP has a process in place for how they'll take orders and what they'll do for when/if more than 10,000 orders come in. No pistols will be sold in the North or South stores as they did with rifles. All by order only.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
M-14 in boot camp and then M-16 in the FMF.

But I was the designated M-79 (blooper) guy and carried a .45 as well - but this was only for a very short time.

·
Registered
1,498 Posts
M-16 in Basic

·
Registered
2,787 Posts
M-16A1 - quite a few of us had issue's with them jamming or the selector switch breaking. Don't know if they were beat left-overs from Veitnam or what. It's not like they were dirty.... LOL

1 - 20 of 27 Posts