The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
do the folks who record their dogs use? I want to start video journals on my runs / hunts. Any advice? I want something not overly expensive (maybe $300 max?) that will take a decent digital video and hold a decent charge. The videos don't have to be pro quality. I kinda thought about using a GoPro camera maybe. Anything that anyone can say on this note is considered helpful!

·
Registered
1,361 Posts
I've been toying with this myself.
I've borrowed a friends new gopro hero (black?), the lack of zoom function makes it near useless IMO.

I'm probably going to just buy a normal digital video camera in the $200 range, so I can use it at kids sporting events as well.

Changable battery packs, or auxillary battery hookups (carrying larger capactity batteries on your belt) seem to be the answer to the battery life problem.

The last time I was at bestbuy they had a nice setup/selection of "action cameras" such as the gopro, as well as other mfg's. IIRC some actually had a zoom function.

In the meantime, I've been using my smartphone...

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I tried using my smartphone as well, but the audio just does not capture well and the resolution (at least on my cheapie phone) is not good enough for what I want. I was thinking something similar, buy a decent camcorder and record that way... thanks!

·
Registered
3,134 Posts
Sony Handi-cam is the way to go. Watch some of the video's on the hunted hare, those guys all use the same camera and it works great.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts