The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
19,662 Posts
I use both but have been swinging towards mechanical. Because of that, no preference yet so I did not vote.

·
Registered
4,051 Posts
Poll won't let me choose either option. Either way it says I chose too many options. I like fixed blades with my compound. However, I'm giving consideration to switching to a crossbow because of shoulder/elbow issues, and I wanted to see what you crossbow guys lean towards, and why.

·
Registered
12,363 Posts
Either one will do the job. I used to use fixed, but switched over to mechanicals. Mechanicals are a little easier to get to shoot well especially out of the faster crossbows. That being said there are some fixed heads that fly really well.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm not sure why the poll won't work ,I've tried editing it , I've even tried deleting and redoing it nothing works , oh well

·
Registered
896 Posts
Thunderheads (fixed) work very well using the vertical bow and crossbow. I can not shoot the 2nd arrow at the same bullseye, I would wreck the arrow. I have used them for over 10 years now and I never thought of changing. Now these days we have many different types out there. Old saying is if its not broke don't fix it, well if they shoot well and does its job on a deer why change.

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Rage Mechanical work well, I also like Thunderhead fixed.

·
Registered
12,947 Posts
Fixed-WASP Boss SST 100`s.

I am checking on your poll and will get back to ya.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts