The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
1,644 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What is your favorite season opener? ex. first day of rifle, archery opener, early small game opener, late small game opener, spring gobbler, goose, etc. etc.

Id have to say mine is late small game

·
Registered
3,722 Posts
I love to archery hunt, but the Monday after Thanksgiving will always be my favorite opener.

·
Registered
1,319 Posts
Trout season. I love deer hunting and everything that goes along with it. I hate the crowds and goof balls on opening day of trout season but for some reason the night before is always sleep less and after a long cold boring winter it feels good to just go out and fish!

·
Registered
1,210 Posts
Fall turkey has become my favorite,
best time of the year!

·
Registered
316 Posts
The first day of rifle season has been a favorite since I was 12 years old. The anticipation of seeing that big buck is great!

But...

I started Tukey hunting about 10 years ago. Sitting out there on a nice warm morning watching & hearing the woods come to life is hard to beat. The anticipation of hearing that first Gobbler sound off is way cool!

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Its always been the rifle opener and probably always will be ,as much as i anticipate archery season there is nothing like the buck season opener in the big woods of Pa.

·
Banned
10,667 Posts
i am a big fan of the tradition that goes along with my pap and i for the first day of rifle....

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
Usually, Archery! Love the rut.

But this year, I'm trying my hand at trapping and I gotta tell you....I am SUPER-excited to get after the coyotes. I'm spending more time studying, and preparing for that than I have spent time archery hunting this year!

What they H-E double hockey sticks is wrong with me?!?

·
Banned
24,445 Posts
First Day Regular Deer Season. Always been a tradition & will coninue.

·
Registered
28,475 Posts
Has to be the PA holiday...Monday after Thanksgiving.

ALthough my persoanl traditions have changed as my wife and son get into the hunt, I still do the traditional stuff the second week now....just an extra week to grow that hunting beard and two "opening days" in two weeks to appreciate and anticipate.

Opening day of rifle season WILL ALWAYS be the backbone of PA hunting and I fear the future if it looses that grip.

·
Registered
309 Posts
For me it's any opener that includes friend/family. If there's nobody else to meet back at camp & tell stories of the day with, it just ain't the same.

1 - 20 of 54 Posts