The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 74 Posts

·
Registered
3,887 Posts
In the last 5 years, I've killed 4 buck with a 100 grain 3 blade Muzzy.

I've seen the damage done by the Rage 2 blade's and they are impressive. But, I'm still shootin the good 'ol Muzzy's.

Hit 'em in the lungs. Let the air out and they will fall over.

Dave

·
Registered
5,583 Posts
Rocket Steel Head 100gr. Started hunting rocket when I was a kid and have used them ever since. I dont think I have ever killed a deer with another BH before. Switched to Slick Tricks this year for MT trip, but have not killed anything yet with them... I think they my have bad mojo on them or something. I might put some of the the old rockets on for the hunt tonight to see what happens. LOL

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
MUZZY hands down. after the last shot i took, i will never change. ii went through 2 ribs and busted the opposite shoulder. twisted the blades backwards and almost serated them, bent the main frame of the broadhead, BUT it held together and made the kill.

·
Registered
2,650 Posts
Ive been using Slick trick magnums the last 2 years, and i shot a doe and a buck and was not impressed at all. I think im going to try the magnus stinger or the vortex pro extreme

·
Registered
4,084 Posts
I've shot 5 deer in the last 3 years with slick trick magnums and couldn't be happier with the results. Haven't had a deer go more than 75 yards.

·
Registered
42 Posts
G5 Striker 100gr. they fly awesome and kill quickly i shot a doe high in the lungs she didnt make it 100 yrds and there was blood everywhere!

·
Registered
316 Posts
Spitfire 100 gr. We used them for a long time they shoot like a fieldtip, you get good blood, and they are tough. Spitfire Maxx has 1 3/4 inch cutting diameter.

·
Registered
20,880 Posts
I killed 35 deer with slick tricks.I never had a damaged head except for chips on the blades.I get complete passthroughs every time and I only ever had 1 deer make it out of sight.This year,I killed an 8 point and 4 does with them this year.The results are almost monotenous.I hear a smack,the deer runs maybe 40 yards,stops and tips over.

I've been nothing but impressed with them.I'm curious as to why someone wouldn't be.

·
Registered
4,335 Posts
Im going back to my sonic's after this season ive never had a head fly better. im also losing almost 100 grains between head size and arrow so the speed should come way up.

·
Registered
485 Posts
Rocket Ultimate Steel, wish they wouldn't have changed, used to be 6 for $30 and now they are 3 for $35... Ouch!

·
Registered
2,352 Posts
Been using Rocket Miniblasters (I think thats what they are called) 75g for more than 15 years....also use their 100g expandables once in a while. This year hunted with a crossbow and used the 100g Slick Tricks and they were very impressive.

·
Registered
5,350 Posts
Thunderhead 100....they're the only ones I've ever used.

1 - 20 of 74 Posts