The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 123 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like the title asks...who will win the superbowl and what do you think the score will be? It will be interesting to see who is right and who comes up with the closest score.

As much as I am rooting for the Eagles, I am just afraid that New England will win another one. I am not much of a betting man, but if I were my money would be on Brady and Belichek. I think the Pats win by a 30 24 score.

That being said - Go Eagles!!!

·
Registered
4,120 Posts
I'm afraid to make a prediction. :)

I am rooting for the Eagles. They Eagles can win this game, but the Pats made a deal with the devil and I don't know how long that deal lasts before he comes a calling.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
If Pats win it will be a 24-21 or a 31-28 close game with Brady pulling it off in the end.

If the Eagles win it will be a blow out like the Seahawks Denver game was.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
30-17 E-A-G-L-E-S..........EAGLES!

The Eagles defense will dominate the Pats O line and get Brady to move his feet, when that happens, he is done. This is the beginning of the end for the Brady Bunch.

Fly Eagles Fly

·
Registered
2,307 Posts
I`m rooting for the Eagles for sure....But my gut says the Pats will get the calls their way and have the game handed to them in the final minutes like always......Pats 27 -24

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
(Eagles to dump Foles)

The Eagles will not "dump" Nick Foles. He has a two year contract, which means he is signed for next season. Carson Wentz had an ACL tear which usually takes a year, at least, to heal. So, tell me, if they dump Foles, as you predict, who will be the Eagles starting QB for the beginning of the 2018 season?

I can't wait to hear your answer.

·
Registered
12,135 Posts
I think that the Eagles will win by a very close margin.

But ONLY if they can find a middle ground between being overly enthusiastic and aggressive on one end, and being cautious and intimidated by the Patriots on the other end.

The Eagles need to be aware of the Pats potential, but confident in their own abilities and play the game with intensity and the professionalism that has gotten them this far.

I think the real match up will be between the play calling of the opposing coaches.

Go Birds!

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
The Eagles will not "dump" Nick Foles. He has a two year contract, which means he is signed for next season. Carson Wentz had an ACL tear which usually takes a year, at least, to heal. So, tell me, if they dump Foles, as you predict, who will be the Eagles starting QB for the beginning of the 2018 season?

I can't wait to hear your answer.
I do think hes gone. I don't say dump, he will be traded to a team that needs that piece. I can see him in Arizona next season.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
If he goes to Arizona, what do the Eagles do for a QB to start the season? Starting NFL QB's do not fall off trees. Wentz tore his ACL in week 14.

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
If he goes to Arizona, what do the Eagles do for a QB to start the season? Starting NFL QB's do not fall off trees. Wentz tore his ACL in week 14.
That injury CAN be up to 1 year. Many guys can come back in 1 off season and his age gives him a good chance at doing that. It's a risk, but if he looks to be ready or "CLOSE" by the start they will trade Nick while his stock is sky high.

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
So, if you're the GM and you think Wentz is close to being ready, you're willing to take the risk and trade Foles? So, let's suppose you trade him and Wentz isn't ready or he starts and has an immediate setback that has him out 4-6 more weeks or longer......now what? Who is your QB?

·
Banned
2,482 Posts
So, if you're the GM and you think Wentz is close to being ready, you're willing to take the risk and trade Foles? So, let's suppose you trade him and Wentz isn't ready or he starts and has an immediate setback that has him out 4-6 more weeks or longer......now what? Who is your QB?
Use the other backup, or sign a cheap washed up veteran etc etc. there are options, this is a calculated risk, but one that teams take if they can stay .500 or close and then get there MVP back they will be in good shape. Heck the Pats traded Jimmy G! everyone thinks they are crazy, but who has the most rings??? (coach, QB)

·
Registered
39,301 Posts
The Pats traded Garopolo but Brady is their starter and he doesn't have a torn ACL and LCL. He is healthy.

So, you would put, possibly, the majority of your season on Nate Sudfeld? Or a QB off the trash heap? Not me. There is little room for error in a 16 game season. I'd keep Foles, extend his contract and trade him down the road if I could get good value. If not, I'll keep him.

I can tell you this, without question or hesitation, if the Eagles trade Foles and Wentz isn't ready and Sudfeld or some washed up veteran is the QB and the 2018 season goes in the tank, there will be a lot of angry Eagles fans.

1 - 20 of 123 Posts