The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,819 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I see them on the roads all of the time. I saw 2 kids going on 641 yesterday, neither one with helmets, with fishing poles in hand. Just saw 1 going past my house. What am I missing??

·
Registered
3,191 Posts
Farmers can drive straight across the road to get to their property..But I see them driving on the road all the time...There are towns in rural PA where you will pull into a gas station to get fuel and an ATV will pull in beside you to gas up...

·
Registered
21,268 Posts
There's twp roads around here where you can ride.Reynoldsville just opened up their streets in town to ATV's.

·
Registered
6,416 Posts
For the most part they are ILLEGAL to be on any road other than to cross at a 90 degree angle.

Where I live they run the Twp roads CONSTANTLY and I have followed them up the state highway for over 2 miles MANY times. I am waiting for a serious accident between one of them and a car or truck. Be interesting to see the list of charges........on the driver of the legal vehicle.......

·
Registered
5,576 Posts
Always someone to ruin a good thing. I see groups of ATV's are riding urban streets in a group. Some on the wrong side of the street.
Recession must be over; Parent buying ATV vehicles for teenagers. I see a crackdown coming. But then this is the 21st Century.

·
Registered
3,339 Posts
If the roads are indeed open to legal ATV riding, the machine must be operated by someone over 16, wearing a helmet and carry liability insurance.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts