The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For me part of the fun of any hunt is the planning of it and the anticipation that the process brings.
I changed jobs 4 years ago and lost the majority of vacation time that I had at my previous job. Next year I get back to 4 weeks vacation and will be able to go on a hunt again.
I've been applying for Wyoming preference points every year and am looking forward to a good elk hunt. It's been a while since I've gotten an elk as well. So most likely the first trip I'll be looking to book is an elk hunt. I've got a decent idea of where I may go and will just need to confirm and finalize everything. Can't wait to start that process.

What is the next hunting trip that you will be planning for yourself??

·
Registered
16,497 Posts
deer and boar this November at red bluff lodge in allendale south Carolina and Turkey in Kentucky next spring along with distillery tours and southern BBQ.

using my AR-15 in S.C. along with a .44mag handgun for night time boar. should be fun and exciting.

·
Registered
8,652 Posts
I'm scrambling around right now getting ready for Newfoundland moose, leaving in a couple of weeks, and have Deerfield booked for December. I may call Dock Boone and see if he has a spot mid-Nov at Lily Pond.

I'm fairly limited physically now and things don't look good for difficult hunts... however, If I handle the moose hunt OK, I'd like to do an elk hunt, but I'm not sure I can handle even the lowest elevations in elk country.

Definitely want to do bear with hounds with Bob Parker, maybe fall of 2017. We'd have to be lucky to tree a bear I could get to, but Bob say's it's definitely possible, and I'd have a blast just riding along in any case. I'm sure I'll be continuing to do the Maine and NB bait hunts for awhile, I'm really hooked on the bear hunts

I'd like to do an eastern caribou hunt, I've killed one in Alaska but never in Quebec. Think I could handle it under the right conditions.

·
Registered
5,160 Posts
Loridr, we are just in the planning stage. Lookin at 2018. I'm still recovering from a Wyoming elk hunt from last November. I thought I was in shape till I packed out a 6x6 Bull! Any info on Newfoundland would be greatly appreciated though!!

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
Taking the Daughter on her first Bear Hunt next year. These months will be going so slow. LOL I thought all was lost until a couple weeks ago when she mentioned she wanted to try hunting again and shoot a Bear.

·
Administrator
14,063 Posts
Heading to Oklahoma in the morning for our daughter Billybob's wedding next Saturday.

We'll be hunting doves on Thursday which is the opener.

Thousands of doves out there. Lots of shooting.

After doves on the 8th is the Antelope either Sex Hunt

September 8, 2016 to September 11, 2016

·
Registered
9,840 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
casey said:
Heading to Oklahoma in the morning for our daughter Billybob's wedding next Saturday.

We'll be hunting doves on Thursday which is the opener.

Thousands of doves out there. Lots of shooting.

After doves on the 8th is the Antelope either Sex Hunt

September 8, 2016 to September 11, 2016
Should be pretty easy to have a good time on that trip!!!

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I have a couple out-of-state trip planned for this year & 2017, but they are all hunts I've done before, and not a whole lot of planning involved since I know what to expect.

The next trip I'm planning will be in early October 2017. I'm planning a fall turkey grand slam with my dog. The plan right now is to go to Wisconsin for an Eastern (or somewhere locally if that doesn't pan out), Nerbraska for a Merriams, and Kansas for a Rio. Still in the homework stage, not sure if I will lease private land for a few days, hunt public, or just bang on a door if the opportunity presents itself.

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
Going hare hunting in the Adirondacks in 5 weeks.

New job changed my plan of going to Maine for a week to chase hare.

Will hunt deer again in NY, but those are just day trips...

·
4,225 Posts
Nothing officially planned yet but some thoughts for the next couple of years.

Next year taking the step-Dad for whitetail, right now leaning heavily towards Kentucky.

I too have been building preference points for Wyoming, plan to do an elk hunt probably closer to 2019.

For those who did or are hunting Wyoming elk, where did you go? How was the experience? Always looking for first hand recommendations.

·
Registered
773 Posts
Rented a Cabin in a Michigan state park for Oct 1 to 5th. Heading out with my sons for grouse and woodcock. Ducks in the AM if they are around on the lake.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts