The HuntingPA.com Outdoor Community banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I wouldn't even think of running my dog here with the hard crust on the snow.

·
Registered
1,954 Posts
I'm 260 lbs and can walk across my back yard only breaking through one in ten steps

·
Super Moderator
12,888 Posts
S/W PA hard crush supports my 30 lb. dog. She normally runs around with sticks in her mouth, but now she had to switch to carrying icicles. Makes it difficult for the turkeys to scratch through....Hope it don't last long want to get back to coyote hunting....

·
Registered
8,072 Posts
Lilly is not liking going out to pee. She is busting through and it is driving her bonkers. She does her business then butt tuck and rips around the yard like a nut. Wont be running her for a while.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
Rock solid around here this morning. Attempted to walk my labs around the back field. I was not breaking through and had one heck of a time getting traction to go up the hill. Dogs sliding and legs giving out. Had to call it quits before one of us got hurt.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hard to walk around here to ice 2 in. thick here dogs stay on the path that's shoveled to go to the bath room. Was going out Saturday to give the dogs some running time but not worth the vet bill.

·
Registered
24,815 Posts
was out this AM for my walk on snowshoes just about 14" of powder The two goldens tired out breaking trail...the beagle stayed behind walking in my tracks the whole time!
Smart dog!!

·
Registered
3,926 Posts
timberdoodle said:
was out this AM for my walk on snowshoes just about 14" of powder The two goldens tired out breaking trail...the beagle stayed behind walking in my tracks the whole time!
Smart dog!!
Hey...you have two Goldens? You've been holding out on us!

Do you hunt with them?

·
Registered
24,815 Posts
I have two now ... my old girl died a few years back, the pup turned 1 yoa on the 6th... the older one will be 6 in June...

But no Dan, I don't hunt them... I find them too soft for hunting... My old girl who died break into my chuckar pen and help herself to a few birds I had for the springer and Gordon
She was rather proud of the deed as well

·
Banned
26,979 Posts
I am supposed to hunt chukars at my club next Saturday. If we don't get some warm weather to melt the crust n top f the snow till then I will not be going out. Not going to have my dog break his legs or rip his pads off.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts